Lincoln fishing

Discussion in 'LOCAL NEBRASKA TALK' started by Frankie B, Feb 6, 2009.

1. Frankie B

Frankie B Guest

Hey I'm headed to lincoln tomorrow and wanted to fish...any suggestions

2. bownero

bownero New Member

State:
    Hastings, Ne.
    Hey Frank! Might give Branched Oak a try or maybe Wagon Train which is south of Lincoln by Hickman. Pawnee and Conestoga lakes might be a good bet too. I'm guessing ice fishing is on your agenda. Not sure on the thickness of the ice by there, but be real careful, because of the nice weather we been having!

Take it easy Frank.
    give me a call sometime!

(402) 463-9322 after 5 pm and before 10pm or leave message.

3. Frankie B

Frankie B Guest

Hey Mark how ya been??? Yea gonna try some ice fishing (mostly 4 bait). Getting an early start to 09'. Let me know when ya wanna make a trip to chase some kitties...

4. bownero

bownero New Member

State:
    Hastings, Ne.
    Doing good! Got the itch to get out there! Definently need to make some plans for a fishing trip. Thinking Sherman Res. or maybe get you up to Elwood Res. or Johnson Lake! Going to hit it hard this year! For Sure!

5. skawez

skawez Member

State:
    Hickman, Ne
    Name:
    Steve
    hedgefield is a mile and a half south of wagontrain.. its been drained ..sorta.. its refilling itself some they are doing dam repair... but all fish are legal to take at any size.. great bait hole right now from bluegill to shad they are all biteing ON wax worms and fairly regular.. as far as ice.. BECAREFUL ANY WHERE YOU GO WITH THIS WEATHER ITS GONNA BE GETTIN THIN.

6. MOVINON

MOVINON Member

State:
    Glenwood Iowa
    Recently I talked to one of the game wardens that works the Lincoln area. She said some really nice crappies have been caught through the ice.

7. Big Vic

Big Vic New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    Lots of small lakes listed in the Nebraska fishing guide And also will give you and idea of what you may catch.:cool2: