Limits on catfish

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by FISHINSANTEE, Mar 20, 2007.

1. FISHINSANTEE

FISHINSANTEE New Member

State:
    sc
    I was wondering if ther are limits on catfish around the states. I know in SC there is no limit. Do you guys think there shoud be a limit on catfish?

2. Sparky Larson

Sparky Larson New Member

State:
    Marlette Michigan
    In Michigan, the limit is 10 per day.
    Sparky

3. Drawout

Drawout Active Member

State:
    Paris.Texas
    Texas is 25 on channels and blues and they gotta be 12 inches.Flatheads is 5 i think and gotta be 18 inches.

4. Myname

Myname New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    I hate to admit it, but, in Kentucky the King of all Fish is considered a rough fish - no limits on quantity or size,, except in certain lakes or impoundments.

For better information: fw.ky.gov.

Have a nice day.

5. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    Catfish is not a gamefish in Alabama, so we have no limits.

6. Scott Daw

Scott Daw New Member

State:
    Allentown, Pennsylvania
    Here in PA they threw the catfish in with panfish and we have a 50 cat limit.

7. dano40

dano40 New Member

State:
    Spirit lake, Iowa
    Here in Iowa it is 8 in the lakes and 15 in the rivers with a total of 30 for possesion.

8. rich-online

rich-online New Member

State:
    California
    Out in the San Francisco Bay Area, limit is five (5) catfish per day.

-- Rich

9. kat in the hat

kat in the hat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    In Missouri the daily limit is 10 channels, 5 blues, and 5 flathead. It's different in certain lakes, but that's the normal state creel limit. Possession is double the daily limit.

10. Dave L

Dave L New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    Ten here in Minnesota, though not considered game fish.:confused2:

11. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Five of at least 12 inches here in Jersey. A state where ya can't eat em or eat em at your own risk. LOL!

12. odtimr

odtimr New Member

State:
    nebraska
    Dan
    Here in Nebraska in inland waters
    channels and blues bag is 10 poss. is 20
    flats heads-------- bag is 4 poss. is 8
    missouri river
    channels bag is 5 poss. is 10
    blues ----- bag is 1 poss. is 1
    flatheads bag is 5 poss. is 10
    I personally have never caught a blue, but never fished the big MO.
    Luck

13. blackwaterkatz

blackwaterkatz Active Member

State:
    Andrews, SC
    Some may not agree, but my feeling is that we don't need a creel limit in S.C.; at least in all the places I normally fish. There are plenty of catfish almost everywhere, and a creel limit could possibly cause an overabundance of catfish, perhaps more than the food supply can handle, which will lead to: lots of small catfish, and detrimental to the forage fish population too. This is coming from someone who turns back most of my fish, keeping only what I can use. There are some folks who may only get to fish for catfish for a few days out of a year, and they naturally would like to stock the freezer while they're doing it. Of course there are some also who are gluttons and keep every fish they catch on every trip they make, too....
    Now, as for a size limit, I'm all for it! I think the 34" (amended to 36" now, btw) limit would help improve the catch of trophy fish.
    I would also love to see restrictions (or at least enforcement) of the trotlline and limbline laws. There are far too many illegal ones out there. The santee cooper lakes are full of them, as well as the local rivers, and many of them are not set legally. That's the ones I have a problem with.
    This is only my opinion, and doesn't necessarily reflect the views of anyone else in the whoe wide world>>>>:big_smile:

14. poisonpits

poisonpits Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    arkansas creel limit is 10 cats.no length limit.on arkansas river and missippi river limit is 20 as long as 10 are channels under 16 inches.

15. Pastor E

Pastor E New Member

State:
    Beebe AR
    In Ar It depends where you are fishing some waters are 5 the statewide limitis 10 some places as pp said its 20 here you best have that little book the Ar Gf comm puts out for there are so many regs for different waters:smile2:

16. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Here in New Mexico The limit is 15 singly or combined no length limit

17. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    Oklahoma - 15 combined channel/blue catfish. 10 flathead with a 20" minimum.