Limited Edition Purple Abu 6500's

Discussion in 'Fishing Reel Review' started by H2O Mellon, Nov 11, 2005.

1. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Does anyone know much about these new limited editon Abu 6500's (Purple in color) that I've seen on Ebay?

It's sort of like a bag of skittles: They (Abu's) come in Red, Blue, Green, Black, Silver, Orange, Gold, now Purple.

I will admit I was tempted to buy one but they are $99.99, so they better have something fancy on them for that, if not I can get 2 Abu 6000's for that!

2. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I even just saw a 6500 that wa camo on Ebay for $125. Here is a pic of the purple or "violet" one as they are called.

3. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Bryan, take a deep breath and step away for the computer :D
    Now how many rods and reels have you bought in the last couple weeks?..Although I have seen those camo reels and want one :D Heck man you still have a 10000 in layaway!

4. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I dont like the look of the camo ones. I think its a crappy camo job, now if it were advantage or realtree or mossy oadk camo I'd get one!

I want them to make a 6500 limited in John Deer Green, w/ the John Deer logo, now that would be one that I'd buy!

5. Chris

Chris New Member

State:
    Spring Hill, Kansas
    If JD had a contract with the company they could make a fortune selling the JD reels. I would buy one too just to put with my JD collection.

chris

6. Rainman4u2

Rainman4u2 Guest

John Deere's Head Quarters is only 20min from where I work, I could stop by and ask them :rolleyes:

Ray

7. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    Here's a thought, I've done this with PC's before when clients wanted it to be "special" for their kids.

Take the reel apart, and PAINT it. You would be suprised at the finish that you can get if you use the right techniques. It can even look as if the metal is actually the color you use.

8. Abu

Abu New Member

State:
    Hemlock,Ohio
    The 6500 camo colored baitcasters were a closeout from FFO. They sold them new in the box for less than $40. They have no bait clicker on them, although most of the ebay ads I have seen forget to mention the lack of a bait clicker.
    Abu

9. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Wow Abu, thanks for saying that. I can imagine payign that much for a crappy paint job & no bait clicker, now $40 that would be a fair price, but not $100+. By the way what is F.F.O.?

10. TIM HAGAN

TIM HAGAN New Member

State:
    Walkersvil
    Ok guy if we all get together we can get the BOC logo on the reels then everybody would use ABU 6500 :0a24: :0a34:

11. miner

miner New Member

State:
    Sulligent, Alabama
  12. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    You know I've heard of them , but never looked at them. I was inpressed. I saw some rods that I really liked, man that stinks I've bought like 10 rods in the last couple weeks, I sure wish I could get a couple more!

13. Abu

Abu New Member

State:
    Hemlock,Ohio
    Hey Mellon. If you plan on buying anything from FFO, don't forget to register your email on their website. They will email you coupon codes for free shipping and 20% off a couple times a month. Abu

14. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    My silver Abu's are just fine. I dont wear purple socks socks fishing so I would clash with a purple reel anyway.

15. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    catfish connection has the violet reel now..It has the new carbon matrix drag, and a free power handle 79 bucks.

16. kscathunter

kscathunter New Member

State:
    Louisburg,
    I've seen even more colors on e-bay but they were GBP they got some neat looking abus. theirs a neon green one I seen that I'd really like to have.

17. kscathunter

kscathunter New Member

State:
    Louisburg,
    tried it they dont come apart enough to paint, emblums decals ect, not cool for the average joe to try

18. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    mellon. ever see the burgandy trophy series amb with the catfish engraved on the side?

19. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Yes Mellon has seen that burgandy 6500 catfish reel, he was with me whhen I bought a new one..That was what started him on this tackle buying craze, he always tries to one up me :D

20. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    ya. i really want one too. cat conn has some now and they have been discontinued. i gotta get on it soon. :D