Lime Sulphur for Giant Worms

Discussion in 'Catfishing Baits' started by Alsey, May 10, 2006.

1. Alsey

Alsey New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    I thought I'd share this with everyone. My dad taught it to me when I was a kid and I tried it today and it still works great.

You know when it rains alot and those huge foot long worms are laying on top of the ground? If you know an area that has this type of worm you can get a small bottle of lime sulphur. You mix about 2 tablespoons per gallon of water. Walk along and look for the mounds of worm poop and pour about 3 ounces of the mixture on each mound. Give it about 5-10 minutes and walk along where you poured the mixture and the worms will be laying on top of the ground. They don't necessarily come up right at the poop mound, it might be a foot or so away. Sometimes 3 or 4 worms will come up around one spot. This works best a few days after a good rain because all of the mounds are freshly made. You can get lime sulphur at most plant nurseries.

The way my dad explained it the lime sulphur creates a gas in the worm's passageways that they can't stand and they dig straight up to the surface wherever they're at. It doesn't harm the worm and if you keep them relatively cool they'll live as long as the worms you buy in the store.