Limbliners here's a trick

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by confederate, May 4, 2006.

1. confederate

confederate New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Hey all of y'all that limbline try this little trick the next time your out all night with
    your lines. Clip one of the brass bells like you use on rod and reel on the limb that way
    when you got a fish on you'll have a audible alert so you can go and get the fish and CPR it
    with out it being worn down to a frazzle. Try it next outing it works well, I even went to a
    local hobby store and bought a bag of the brass cow bells they call them I think they were a
    number 5 but not sure, anyway I bought a bag of 25 for 4.95 they dont have a clip but I just
    use a piece of wire to attatch them to the limb.....

2. bud_rabon

bud_rabon New Member

State:
    Alabama
    not a bad idea have to give it a try

3. Catmaster

Catmaster New Member

State:
    SE Kansas
    Good idea. It is probably easier to locate your limblines too.

4. flathead willie

flathead willie Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    I don't want to upset anyone but I'm a little down on limb liners after getting a hook in the arm while canoeing! A man's got a right to fish however he wants but, please, take the hooks off the lines or remove the lines when you are not useing them. My buddy and I were fishing for Smallies on fast river and ran into someones limb line. Before I knew it one had dragged across the canoe and hooked into my arm. If I hadn't grabbed the limb, it could have torn out a big chunk of meat. As it was, the hook was old and rusty and not much fun to get out. I'm sure glad it didn't get in my eye! Luckily my Tetnus shots were up to date but it sure messed up an otherwise nice fishing trip.

5. confederate

confederate New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I agree with you 100% I always camp on the river when I set my lines and I take all of mine down when I leave and get rid of any abandoned ones that I find.I am the only one in my area that I have ever seen that actually marks my lines with my name ph# and twra lic. #

6. ETEX-JIGGER

ETEX-JIGGER New Member

State:
    TYLER, TEXAS
    Great Tips,, Bell And Tagging

7. Drum Andersen

Drum Andersen New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    Insted of bells I use reflective tape for semi trailers, makes it easier finding them at night.

8. Majesticman

Majesticman New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Thanks for the tip. I use a half hitch on mine so I can just grab the loose end give it a yank and it is down. Then I wrap them around a piece of plywood.

Mine come down every night.

9. JMarrs328

JMarrs328 New Member

State:
    York/Harrisburg, PA
    Sounds like a great idea!!! Keep up the good work!!

10. cuttingout69

cuttingout69 New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    Could not agree more. I am a full time trotliner and limb liner myself and there is nothing that makes me any madder than when some unethical, inhuman, lazy person leaves his gear out day in and out. If you are running them everyday is cool, but if you are not going to bait them for a week, take the up. I have seen people leave gear out year round. I do not feel that these person are very good fisherman or sportsman.

Oh and one last thing, you do know that if you don't stay with your lines, you are ringing the dinner bell for every thief around.

11. FordTruckGuySTX

FordTruckGuySTX New Member

State:
    Caryville, TN
    People who fish irresponsibly with limblines and trotlines tick me off so bad b/c it makes me look bad when i do it.but as to the topic that is an interesting idea, i also use the reflective tape and a 10million candlepower light to check mine.

12. Sinker

Sinker New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Don't put guilt on yourself if it doesn't belong to you. Do you have guilt feelings for driving a car just because somebody else drives irresponsibly?

13. confederate

confederate New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    If I wasn't staying with my lines why would I need a bell?