Limb/setline in a lake

Discussion in 'Alternative Methods of Catching Catfish' started by KAW RIVER KILLER, Aug 14, 2009.

1. KAW RIVER KILLER

KAW RIVER KILLER New Member

State:
    Lenexa, KS
    I'm going to be running some lines this weekend in a large area of standing timber. I've only run lines in medium to small rivers before. I'll be using 4"-7" green sunfish for bait (I'm after flatheads). Anything I should know about lines in lakes vs lines in rivers?

2. bodie

bodie New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I was always told to look for a good channel 15' or deeper. Then look for a flat 8-14' that comes up out of the channel with standing timber.

3. Catfish_Scooter

Catfish_Scooter New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I'll go with that one.:wink:

4. mavmannate

mavmannate New Member

State:
    De soto, Kansas
    You mean park officials checkin them? Or other a$$ wholes? Lol

5. KAW RIVER KILLER

KAW RIVER KILLER New Member

State:
    Lenexa, KS
    I don't need to worry about the game warden, I run them 100% legal, tags and all.

6. ks-limb-liner

ks-limb-liner New Member

State:
    Wichita, Kansas
    In a lake, I always set the bait just under the surface of the water about 6" with no weight, where in rivers, because of the noise of running water, this method doesn't seem as effective.
    Another "tell", is to watch for the bait fish, in a lake that's still your #1 bet for a good area to set your lines in. Good Luck

7. etexun

etexun New Member

State:
    Texas (Nea
    I agree, they are a lot more likely to be checked by someone on a lake than on the river. More traffic in lakes.