Limb lines

Discussion in 'OKLAHOMA RIVERS TALK' started by BUCKSINRUT, Mar 29, 2007.

1. BUCKSINRUT

BUCKSINRUT New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    I was wandering if limb lines in the river would be good this time of year. I don't have very much time to go fishing, but I might be able to run some lines. What do you guys and gals think?

2. Kat Killah

Kat Killah New Member

State:
    Ohio
    don't know but would like to give it a try sometime.

3. allworknofish

allworknofish New Member

State:
    texas
    would think that they would work pretty well this time of year...they do here. try you some live perch or cut bait and should do pretty good

4. Pastor E

Pastor E New Member

State:
    Beebe AR
    Yep you can do well this time of year been thinging about setting some to:tounge_out:

5. jbarnes17

jbarnes17 New Member

State:
    Commerce, Oklahoma
    this would be a great time to put some lines out.

6. slickrick

slickrick New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    Howdy, well when the water starts to rise I'd be putting alot of limb lines out. When the water starts rising with all the Spring rains we've getting the fish will be coming up closer to feed from the shallows!:smile2:

7. osageCo_flathead

osageCo_flathead New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    sure it will..mine are doing really well right now. Just make sure you mark it and use a barrel swivel. That insures the fish wont tangle up the line and if you need to readjust it's depth you just cut a new lead.

8. jbarnes17

jbarnes17 New Member

State:
    Commerce, Oklahoma
    You can never go wrong with limb lines. Anytime is good.

9. Any time from now until the end of May should be super limb lining as we head into the pre-spawn. A small perch hooked just under the surface of the water is my favorite presentation this time of year. Good Luck.....

10. CatfishUgly

CatfishUgly New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Im from Beggs and ive been running lines on the Deepfork river for some time now. you can catch fish on limblines or bankpoles all year round from my experience, but right now the fish are becoming more and more active. This time last year is when i had the most success catching some big 'ol flatheads using live perch and sometimes some huge shiners. Get out there and start running the lines man, you'll be glad that you started early.