limb lines

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by bigal1, Oct 16, 2005.

1. bigal1

bigal1 New Member

State:
    huntsville alabama
    limb lines are just one way to catch catfish. The first time i went and fished a limb line was a couple weeks ago and i had a ball. What you need to do is find a deep spot near the bank(the area i put mine at was about 30-40ft deep). Get some nylon string and you can use as long as you want to we had about 8 or 9 lines out and we each line was a different size some were 30ft and others we maybe 15 or 20ft. Next you need to get a big hook it doesnt matter what size as long as it is big enough so you can tie it on the the nylon string. You also need about a 5 or 6oz. wait to sink the bait down(it does not necssarly have to go all the way down to the bottom).For bait i usually catch little brim and just hook them through the back. When you get done baiting them just drop them down. I usually bait them in the mourning around 6:30 and check them about 1:00 or 2:00 and check them again right before dark.Then i will check them again the next mourning (i usually bring bait with me everytime in case a catfish has nawed on it and the fish has came off. That is about all you have to do.Anther thing why i like limb lines so much is because you harldy ever catch little fish most of the time you catch fish over 15lbs. The guy i went with has caught one taht weighed 68lbs.SO GOOD LUCK AND GOOD FISHING
    bigal1

2. Rainman4u2

Rainman4u2 Guest

As long as everyone remembers to check your state regulations to ensure this is a legal form of fishing for you.

Sorry, It's a wonderful post, and it's as much fun as bank pole fishing. Just making sure no one gets in trouble!!!

Ray