limb lines

Discussion in 'OKLAHOMA RIVERS TALK' started by BUCKSINRUT, Apr 28, 2006.

1. BUCKSINRUT

BUCKSINRUT New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    Does anyone else run limb lines also? I like to run lines while I fish with a pole.

2. Tulcat

Tulcat New Member

Welcome to the BOC.

It's always nice to see another Okie join up.

And sometimes I will set out a few limblines, but overall I prefer to toss out a few juglines while I R&R fish.

3. Aftercats

Aftercats New Member

State:
    Tennesse
    I remember my Grandfather talking about them when I was small but he preferred Trout lines. I have seen some in use and some with the little auto reel on them but never really had the chance yet to try it. Good luck! and hope to see you on the water someday!

Daryl

4. Catmaster

Catmaster New Member

State:
    SE Kansas
    Oh ya I run limb lines almost every weekend on the Neosho River. I will usually set out all of my limblines and trotlines, usually after dark.( over 20 limblines and 3 trotlines) After that I will drift some of my favorite overhanging tree lines and best outside river bends that are 2-3 miles apart. That gives me plenty of time to let my lines set. About every 2-3 hours durring the night I will check the lines, rebait them, go back to the gravel bar to take pictures, release non-eaters, and repeat throughout the night. When daylight comes pull in lines fish the morning areas with rod and reel, load up boat and go home. At home SLEEP!!!!!!!

5. catfishcentral

catfishcentral New Member

State:
    OK
    I love to run limb lines especially in a small jon or canoe. Trying to run limb lines in a bigger boat can be a pain but there a breeze in canoe. There's nothing like putting a big ol honking bait set right at the suface to splash around to get the flathead's coming to check them out. :big_smile:

6. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    Chris,

Welcome to the Brotherhood!!

Check out the Keystone Gathering thread HERE!!!

It's coming up the first weekend in June!!

7. BUCKSINRUT

BUCKSINRUT New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    I will try to join you guys at Keystone. That weekend is fairly busy but I would like to meet everyone.

8. trnsmsn

trnsmsn New Member

State:
    Missouri Originally Now I
    Where I Fish It's Hard To Get Close To Any Trees With Branches Strong Enough To Hold Anything, On The Boat That Is, So I Prefer To Set Out Juglines While I R&R Fish.

Good Luck & Get Sum Bigguns, Elliot

9. BUCKSINRUT

BUCKSINRUT New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    Every memorial weekend we try to camp on the cimmaron and run limb lines, usually about 20. We also fish rod and reel. Big campfire, a few beers and plenty of cats.