limb lines on greers ferry

Discussion in 'ARKANSAS LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by ccat, May 25, 2008.

1. ccat

ccat Well-Known Member

State:
    Fayetteville Ar
    Set limb lines on Greers Ferry (Shiloh area) last night. Just ran them and had 10. The biggest was around 7 pounds. All channels. Used mainly liver but did use a few night crawlers. All the fish came on the circle hooks. The regular hooks had nothing. I am sold on these circle hooks I learned about from the BOC. Thanks for advice. So what they are more expensive. At least they aren't made from gasoline and will increase in price each day.
    Good luck to you all. I will set out more lines and a trotline tonight and post a report tomorrow on Memorial day. Speaking of, any of the BOC who are veterans, I appreciate you and all you have done for our country. You all are truly hero's. Thank you.

2. ccat

ccat Well-Known Member

State:
    Fayetteville Ar
    well, no fish this time. I set my limb lines and even a trotline in the same area. We had a quick storm with a lot of lightening and rain come in around 8:30 last night. Does anyone know if storms affect catfish like it does other fish? It seemed the fish moved out of this area. I used liver and cut shad.
    good luck.

3. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
    I've not only heard that thunder will cause catfish to stop biting, I've had them stop for a while after a thunderstorm. But the bite would start back up after a while.

4. ccat

ccat Well-Known Member

State:
    Fayetteville Ar
    I guess the bigger fish have moved on. I set a few jugs last night in the back of Shiloh Creek. Had 6 fish on 20 jugs with one having to be cut as the fish tied it up at the base of a bush.
    Used cut bream.
    HERE IS A QUESTION FOR SOMEONE. I used the heads and mid part of the bream. I think the fish came mainly on the filleted part of the bream, as 5 heads were still on hooks. How do you cut bream for baiting jugs? I did bait up with some whole bream, but mainly was using cut bream.
    The water is in the 70's now. Should I start fishing deeper or move out of these creeks to bluffs or the channel?
    I am heading to Canada this week to smallmouth and walleye fish. I'll check back to the BOC in about 2 weeks.
    Thanks for any help you can give.
    Good luck.