Limb Line

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by Catmaster, Feb 23, 2006.

1. Catmaster

Catmaster New Member

State:
    SE Kansas
    What kind of line does everyone prefer to use for limb lines and homemade trot lines?

2. Mountain Cur

Mountain Cur New Member

State:
    Missouri, Warsaw
    I respool my snagging rods every year and I use that line (80# and 108# test) for Limb Lines which I seldom use, trot line drops, and jug lines. The "old" line works well for this. I change it annually on the rods because I never know if I had a scuff I didn't see, I would find them as I cut the lengths for the other lines. Small price to pay for an 80 or 90# spoon bill. Good Luck in the coming season.:)

3. Rtpcat

Rtpcat New Member

State:
    Alabama
    I like #48 twine for limblines and mainline on trotlines, just because of the size is easier on the hands. #36 is fine just smaller depending on the eye of the hooks you are using it might be better.

4. LilRyjoe04

LilRyjoe04 New Member

State:
    Indianapolis,Indiana
    For my limb lines I just use 30 pound Spider Wire line. It has always worked well for me in the past. I usually just cast out and then cut the line and tie it off to a tree. Good Luck Fishin Fellas!!

5. Drum Andersen

Drum Andersen New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    I use that 200 lb line they have at the hardware store.

6. KanHeadhunter

KanHeadhunter New Member

State:
    S. E. K.
    I use Camo Catline #35 braid line, I is very strong stuff. I used to use the twisted line but if you get a channel cat on he will twist the line up in knots and unravvel the line. Yes, you could use swivels but I don't like too.

7. sltrnsam

sltrnsam New Member

State:
    Iowa
    i use braided nylon twine 190lb, no problems here. the biggest to date is 40 pound flathead.

8. slimcat

slimcat New Member

State:
    marion kentucky
    I will only use braided nylon for limblines. The twisted is just flat out JUNK. Anything from #35 all the way to #96 is what I use. And yes I do use a swivel, it keeps the cats from yanking the hook from there mouth. It lets them roll better. I also use circle hooks on limblines.

9. wendell

wendell New Member

State:
    illinois
    #72 for main line on trotlines and #9 for dropline and limb lines.I only use tarred twine easy to grip and stays cleaner.

10. kickin_wing

kickin_wing New Member

State:
    Illinois
    i use 200 # braided line you get in a roll . it looks like thin rope. the catfish arent line shy at all.