Lillington Wildlife Ramp Qtn!!

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA RIVERS TALK' started by 01 Mudslinger, Jul 29, 2006.

1. 01 Mudslinger

01 Mudslinger Member

State:
    Gretna, Va
    Me And A Buddy Went Out Today Scoutin Fishin Places, Went To Raven Rock And Then Found The Wildlife Ramp Below The Prison, How Is The Fishing In That Stretch Of The River, Is It Still Plenty Deep For A Boat Any Help Would Be Appreciated, Just Looking For More Places To Give A Try, This Evening My Buddy Is Taking Me To Some Spot Below The First Lock And Dam In A Place Called Tarheel Or Something, Anybody Know About This Area. Thanks Again Guys.

2. Halifax

Halifax New Member

State:
    Chester ,Va
    We put in at lillington today and took out at erwin.I went with a guy from work, he has a 12 ft boat with a small motor.Even with the water up I saw to many rocks.Plenty of falls made for a fun float but the fishing was off.It was my first trip and I was curios about what It looked like to. Hope that helps.

3. Fishing Fred

Fishing Fred New Member

State:
    Lillington, N.C
    Hunter, Don't try to put your boat in at the Lillington ramp. You can only go down a very short distance before you get to some big rocks. We never use anything over 14 ft. with a short shank motor in there. You have to be somewhat familiar with the area to get around. You might be able to put in at Howards Bar-b-q at the bridge if you get permission from the owner. Its a better ramp than the wildlife but the water is about the same. Can go way up the river toward Raven Rock if you are careful and miss the rocks. Still you will need a small boat and short shank motor. If you would like to get with me I'll try to go with you soon. Donb't want to see you tear your lower unit off or knock a hole in the bottom of your boat. Some good fish have been caught in that stretch of the river. Some big blues between Raven Rock and Erwin but you need to float it. They love shad, either small or cut. For lack of room have never been able to take any live ones on a trip that way. Good Luck and take care !

4. 01 Mudslinger

01 Mudslinger Member

State:
    Gretna, Va
    thanks alot for the info, i noticed when i was there that it looked like alot of canoes more than boat trailers, i dont wanna take a chance, hows the bank fishing at the ramp out of curiosity

5. 01 Mudslinger

01 Mudslinger Member

State:
    Gretna, Va
    went back out there yesterday evening and fished off the bank till dark, caught a few small cats, nothing impressive, had one guy bring his boat right up on the back on us almost in our lines, kinda pissed me off, we were down the trail at the open bank spot, then when i left, some poor fellow had totally missed the ramp and backed off in the mud and water with truck and trailer, so i hooked a chain to him and low lock and yanked him out real quick. was kinda funny, but done my good deed the day. he was lucky i was there cuz i was the only 4wd there and we were on our way out.