Lillington wildlife ramp 3 July

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA RIVERS TALK' started by rangercatman, Jul 4, 2008.

1. rangercatman

rangercatman Member

State:
    Cameron, NC
    Went to the lillington wildlife ramp tonight fished from (8pm -0200 am); Bait clicker only went off once...didnt hook up though - was using live bream- got skunked....nice nite though, Also .....A guy that was fishin next to me was walking back to his vehicle and walked up the hill next to the ramp....He stepped on a copperhead ....he said it struck his heel. Lucky for him he had a good pair of cowboy boots on.....gonna go again sometime this weekend

2. rangercatman

rangercatman Member

State:
    Cameron, NC
    Me and a buddy Put the canoe in @ lillington last night.....Had one good run at about 1030pm. I set the hook way to fast and missed......& wouldnt ya know it that was the only bite to bad had all evening. Used live bluegill on a slipsinker rig. Anyone have any luck in that area??? Ever. Saw carp everywhere.....I might try my hand at catchin carp.

3. RevKed

RevKed New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    been a long time since I fished that far up river generally fish from 295 south My daughter's beau Scott caught 20lb flattie at crosscreek mouth 2 weeks ago

4. bigcatattack

bigcatattack New Member

State:
    nc
    At the lillington boat ramp, I always would put a jon boat in and fish the rapids just below the ramp about 1/2 mile or so just before the golf course. My best luck was fishing corks with live bream before and after the rapids. Usually, in the heat of the summer when the o2 levels are alot lower in the water, you catch alot of smaller ones 2-15lb range. The lillington boat ramp really gets hammered with fishing pressure, it's always nice to get some private access either up or down river from lillington. There is some really great fishing in the right holes. good luck too ya