lil lake or something

Discussion in 'ILLINOIS LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by noah, Aug 10, 2008.

1. noah

noah New Member

State:
    ILLINOIS
    i was wondering if anyone knows anything about the little lake bydown by the ohio in mound city im not sure of the name but i think it is like cypress or sumthing like that but is is done by crab orchard national wildlife refuge i need to know if there is cat there is it motor limited stumpy and well yall know the drill thanks any help is instantly thanked :cool2::smile2::wink::smile2::cool2:

2. ldw45

ldw45 Member

State:
    Illinois
    Noah, You can get the information in the Illinois Regulations booklet.....which is also on line at: http://dnr.state.il.us/fish/Digest/index.htm

Sounds to me like you are refering to Horseshoe lake near Olive Branch. Thats the only one I can think of that is near Mounds. Little Grassy is further north and west of Crab Orchard. Both of these mentioned are limited to 9.9 motors. Mickey, a rugular here is the live handbook on lakes in this area. Send him a PM if he doesn't see your thread.

3. noah

noah New Member

State:
    ILLINOIS
    yeah to road or town that this lake is in is golden lilly if that rings a bell

4. ldw45

ldw45 Member

State:
    Illinois
    Noah,
    That doesn't ring a bell.......

5. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Noah I'm not sure where you are at. If it is located in the Crab Orchard refuge area you are probably referring to Little Grassy Lake. If your are down near Mounds I'm not familiar with that lake. Little grassy Lake is a great lake to fish. It has a 9.9 hp motor limit. Many species of fish including cat is available.

6. noah

noah New Member

State:
    ILLINOIS
    no little grassy isnt to far from me but i stumbled on to this lake when i was at mounds and when i was done fishing i went for a drive trying to see the area and ran across this little lake and the sign said crab orchard reffuge so i dont know when i go there i will take pic or sumthing:cool2::big_smile:

7. Dan the Fisherman

Dan the Fisherman New Member

State:
    Ramsey, Illinois
    Noah my guess would be the Cache River. It runs through Golden Lilly under US 51. It dumps into the Ohio River between Urbandale and Mound City.

8. noah

noah New Member

State:
    ILLINOIS
    thanks i will look when i go but there is a crab orchard reffuge sign down there so i dont know