lil help here, got the blues,or not!

Discussion in 'OHIO RIVERS TALK' started by catcrazed, Aug 2, 2008.

1. catcrazed

catcrazed New Member

State:
    ohio
    alright, just when we thought we had everything figured out on blue cats, or evan flats for that matter, they are throwing us a huge curve ball. I considered myself to have learned a lot the past 2 years catching many many large blues out of the ohio and this year has not produced one bit compared to the past 2 years. We have kept logs on when and where and what date and time we caught these and we may as well just burn those notes cause there not working at all this year. At this time last year we were absolutely burning the blues up on fresh cut skipjack and mooneye and we cant evan buy a bite so far this year. We are finding the fish in the same spots just can't seem to get them to bite. We have evan tried drifting for them. Any one else having the same luck? Don't get me wrong were getting a few fish here and there but I just got home from fishing about 20 minutes ago and actually got skunked. exactly one year ago me and my friend caught 29 blues in one evening and this year nothing. makes me feel like all the things i learned last year means absolutely nothing. kinda stinks. Gas is gettin a little expensive to be going out every weekend and having bad fishing trips all the time:crazy:

2. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    I think you are just on a bad streak. What time of year was last year when you had all of that success?

3. catcrazed

catcrazed New Member

State:
    ohio
    Thats the funny part, All the luck was from july all the way into winter.

4. loop

loop New Member

State:
    Newkirk,Oklahom
    Conditions change from year to year it maybe there just getting a late start because of all the high water earlier etc. Forget about the high gas for the quest of the fish just call it and comune with nature trip and and relax if you happen to get onto some fish thats a plus.
    Loop