Lil Cuz breaks in the new Catfish Safari Rods!

Discussion in 'Gateway Catfishing Club' started by Cuz, Jun 7, 2009.

1. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    I got my 6 new Catfish Safari Rods all rigged up, and took my young son Jack out to let him "break em in" for me and he did so with a vengeance. In a quick hour, Jackman 'hammered' 2 flatheads, a Blue, a Channel Cat and a Drum. These rods are THE BOMB. Love the action, and they work great up to 6 ounces of weight, not to mention they are PURDY :smile2: Jack has quickly claimed the rights to 3 of them :smile2:

He caught all of the fish in 6 feet of water, in the willows on asian carp. In Jacks words, "you should tell people to call Steve, these rods work!!! lol"

So, true to my word, heres where ya get em www.catfishsafari.com Great Price and great Rods.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

Well isn't he a darlin'? Wonderful pictures John!

I believe CatfishSafari would do well to use Jack as a poster boy.....'less ya wanna keep him out of the limelight. :wink:

Thanks for sharing bro! :cool2:

3. TheMadCatter

TheMadCatter New Member

State:
    missouri
    nice job! thanks for sharing. nice to see all the kids gettin fish lately. i just posted a pic of my buddies kid's first ever catfish. the future of out sport looks bright indeed.

4. bw69r

bw69r Well-Known Member

State:
    West Newton, PA
    those look like team catfish rods and not the catfish safari rods.

5. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    They are indeed Catfish Safari Rods Brian. However, I did have them custom built so as to match my Shimano Tekotas :smile2:

Steve (of Catfish Safari) and Jeff (of Team Catfish) are both dear friends, and until very recently both bought there rod blanks from the same manufacturer. Its my understanding that within the past month, Team Catfish has gone with a different manufacturer.

Knowing both Steve and Jeff personally, I can unequivacally recommend both entities for your fishing interest. I know they both will stand by there products and are constantly striving to bring great products, at a fair price to catfisherman.

So, in a nutshell, the rod blank, is the same as Jeff's 'quarter ton' rod blank, I just ordered mine through Steve Brown with the custom wraps.

6. bw69r

bw69r Well-Known Member

State:
    West Newton, PA
    was curious. they look the same almost. nice rods though.

7. poopdeck [patrick]

poopdeck [patrick] New Member

State:
    ofallon il
    cute kid with some purty fish

8. stlcatman

stlcatman New Member

State:
    Imperial, MO
    Way to go Jack Man! That had to be fun putting him on all of those fish. He looks like he handles those fish pretty good. Those are some great pics Cuz.

9. olejer

olejer New Member

State:
    Herculaneum Mo.
    Well Well Well
    Jackman did very good indeed. but the bigger question is how did the old man do? did he get his hiney kicked by the youngin?

10. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Thanks for sharing the rod info. It is nice you had a Pro to show the performance. Enjoyed.

11. Grumper

Grumper New Member

State:
    Crystal City MO
    Man, that boat looks familiar.....:smile2: Good stuff young grasshopper.:wink: A couple more years, and I see our third man tourney partner. LOL:cool2:

12. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    I got skunked :smile2::wink:

13. Wanda BARNER

Wanda BARNER Active Member

State:
    Missouri
    Name:
    Wanda
    Good job Jack, looks like you had a good trip. Love to see people take the time to teach young men and women to enjoy fishing and hunting. Rods look good , Jack, try to wear them out as fast as you can . See you on the water someday.

14. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    That the ones Kutter picked up for ya.Took him over there and didn't realize they were white. U might not of got them all :smile2:.Steve has neat stuff and is a great guy.He asked me if we was getting any Shad when at the gathering.I said not many so he gave us some of his, just before he took some people out.Now how many would do that.Bought 1 of the yellow Flathead Rods while there.Love it.

15. hillbilly25002000

hillbilly25002000 New Member

State:
    missouri
    i will have to look into these rods i took the young ones from across the street fishin for scales yesterday and the girl out fished all of us she caught a seven pound bass within the first 10 minutes of us bein there:big_smile:

16. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    Great job, Jack, great job! Also very nice of you to leave 3 of those rods for your sister, mom & dad. I guess it's the least you could do after showing everybody how to fish. Wasn't it nice of uncle Grump to give that old boat away to you. I mean, well, yeah, I know he never actually "said" he was giving it away, but if he really wanted it, he would have taken it home instead of leaving it at your house for so long. It comes in handy too, don't it Jack? A shame you old man can't afford to have a boat. Probably why uncle Grump left his there, although I know how your dad hates charity. Sometimes though, ya just got to use the boat that's dealt to ya.:wink:

17. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    Yep John, those were the ones. Your right too, Steve & Tina are very nice folks and have been great to both Gateway Cats & to The BOC. I highly recommend everyone to use their guide service & tackle supply. While your there, don't forget to take plenty of pictures. If some happen to have Tina in them, email those to me. Oooop's, did I say that out loud?

18. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    ROFLMFAO. YOU ARE BAD MR KUTTER. GO TO YOUR CAVE!!! WE COULD USE SOME SUNSHINE ANYWAY. :smile2:

19. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    And it is nice to have the Grump Craft so handy to utilize in the interim between boats. Ol Grumper is probably one of the least selfish folks I know. I know I have an open pass to use her, but have only done it twice I believe. He has someone to haul it back and forth and now, and all he has to do is go to the ramp and jump in. LMAO. Pretty good deal for Grumper. Some really good folks here on BOC and Gateway for sure. Take Ol Swamper for instance as well. How many guys would let ME AND PUNKIN take there ProCat 240 to Alabama for a week of fishing? :smile2: Good thing he didnt see it before we got it cleaned up. :smile2::smile2:

20. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO

Wanda its great to see you on here!! I had my whole family out at Steves for a few days a couple months back and was wondering if you would be by but we missed you. I hope all is well. Thats a Dandy avatar you got.