like war games and star wars????

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by trippyclwn, Jan 9, 2006.

1. trippyclwn

trippyclwn Member

State:
    Chattanooga, Tn
    Name:
    Tracey
    hey yall i was just wanting to let you socom metal gear and splinter cell fans out there to think about trying star wars battlefront 2 this game is awesome and addictive! you basically take enemy command posts,fly spaceships into battles and even capture the enemy flags. it has a great 2 player splitscreen mode and lots of experience points to work on! from destroying vehicles to sniper shooting the enemy!

this game is the best i have played hands down so if anything rent it if you have time on your hands!

also try burnout:revenge if you like destruction derby and racing! lol you can use same way traffic as torpedoes to other racers! and the cars are awesome!!!!!!!!! you dont hafta be an expert driver on this game to win just quick thinking!

and if you feel the need to drink and drive? do so on this game ONLY! lol it makes it more fun!
    not that i've tried it or anything lol

2. Environmentor

Environmentor New Member

State:
    Buffalo, Iowa
    SWBF2 is a great game. I am not a big fan of splinter cell or socom, but I love the metal gear series and Conflict series (which is almost exactly like the socom series). I also prefer NFL2K5 to Madden (although I used to be a big Madden fan). GTA series is also really great (been a fan since the overhead PS versions). I also like the Hitman series (which has a new game coming out) ever since it started on the PC. I don't like racing games (although burnout has awesome wrecks and is pretty cool, therefore burnout is the best racing series). I also liked SWBF as well, but SWBF2 has a lot of new features (such as the Jedi Fighting, but I don't like the space battles). I also like the PC Age of Empire series (however, I have only to AofEII the conquerors expansion pack - and I like making my own levels and own long drawn out sagas). Any way I agree that SWBF2 should be tried by all gamers, and most will like it.

P.S. is there any good PS2 fishing games that any one can recommend.

3. trippyclwn

trippyclwn Member

State:
    Chattanooga, Tn
    Name:
    Tracey
    mentor i think rapala has a ps2 game for fishing or it may have been for the gameboy advanced not too sure if it is any good i have a demo of the pc version and it is alright just confusing! too many keys and not enough hands lol

the swbf2 space battles kinda reminded me of the rogue squadron games for the gamecube but it seems like it takes forever to beat the levels! lol its one of those bring a friend so you can both get things done lol
    if you get tired of trying to get the medals on it just make your friend get em lmao say you can play but you gotta do this or that lol then you get to just concentrate on the game itself lol

i know bad trippy lol but i have a good point! lol

4. Environmentor

Environmentor New Member

State:
    Buffalo, Iowa
    A good tip to beat space battles - in the free range type modes (galactic conquest and instant action) is to use the sabotage bonus to let your A.I. guys do less quick work on the bad guy ships or use the extra equipment bonus to have more bombs. Either way, I always start off by flying over to the enemy ship with either the transport or another ship (if I got the exra gear bonus), jump out and run in and throw a bomb at the middle consul, run in and nail the big shield tube in back by throwing bombs slightly upward against the glass till it blows up, run back throw one bomb on the middle consul to finish it off, load up on at least six more bombs (with extra gear bonus) and go into the life support room, shoot the turrent, place three bombs, and then go into the engine room, shoot the two turrents, and place the three bombs. If you don't use the extra gear bonus, you have to keep stopping and running back to reload bombs. These objectives are worth more points. After these objectives, I do one of three things:

1. If you land the transport ship (which sometimes is hard with the bigger clunkier transport ships) you can respawn from it to finish blowing up the objectives or to sit in the hanger and kill enemy pilots before they reach the ships. You can even damage the enemy ships with the marines before pilots enter them. After doing these objectives I either shoot pilots for one point each or . . .
    2. Use bombers to hit the medium size ships (which is worth a lot of points) or bomb the antenae or captain's deck (which is worth decent points) and if you can get a gunner in the bomber he can shoot at enemies. ALso try to do bombing runs by speeding up in a half circle and pulling back slow in the remainder half circly to do a loop or use the up,up, manuever/ down,down, manuever controls to line up for a bombing run. If you get good, you can bomb things fast.
    3. Shooting ships by locking on and chasing one target with the smallest jet (not the medium fighter, bomber, or transport). Try to chase slow ships (bombers, transporters) by adjusting your speed. Remember that pilots repair the ship, so you have to get right on them and follow them. Shooting locked on bombs and machinegun style until they are dead, because the pilot is constantly repairing his ship. The smallest jet is fast, maneuverable, and has okay weapons. If you blow up a ship, each person perished on the ship counts as a point, so bombers can be worth 1/2 and transports can be worth upto like several depending on how full it was.

As for the "game" or main game, the space battles have objectives you have to do, sometimes in a certain time. Some are easy, some are hard. Only one level gave me a lot of trouble (the one where they are going to jump to hyper space). Anyway, these tips work for the objectives as well. Do bombing runs, single out and attack one target until it is dead, etc.

Good luck, I like the galactic conquest mode best. I also like the instant action mode, too. The main game I don't like as much.

5. derbycitycatman

derbycitycatman Well-Known Member

State:
    Kentucky
    For fishing games you may want to look at the Reel Fishing series. Nothing spectacular there but its not bass fishing. You go to different streams and target different fish. You can use bait, lures and fly rods. No boats your fishing from shore only, if I remember right.

Have you all tried any of the new Prince of Persia games. I also like the tony hawk games as well as the nfl2k5 and nba2k5 games. You guys into rpg's at all you should try final fantasy X.

6. the_nis

the_nis Member

State:
    Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    I've been totally addicted to the Final Fantasy series since it first came out on NES back 1991 I think it was. Final Fantasy X was a great game and I looking forward to XII which should be out soon. The Metal Gear Solid series is another one of my favorites. I think the next one of those is going to be a Playstation 3 game from what I've read.

7. GS-Rock

GS-Rock New Member

State:
    FORT SILL, OK
    you guys are a bunch of nerds j/k
    what about some more older games any one ever played xeno gears?
    or what about river city ransom?

8. the_nis

the_nis Member

State:
    Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    River City Ransom...classic NES game! Yeah I used to play that one for hours. Xeno gears I have but I never really got into it much.