Lights or no lights

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by tnfishman, Jun 9, 2007.

1. tnfishman

tnfishman New Member

State:
    tennessee
    What is the law in South Carolina for running and anchor lights when night fishing?
    Here in TN. must keep anchor light on when fishing (and anchored)

2. Smuggo

Smuggo New Member

State:
    sc
    The same here. anchor lights on. A friend told me about a guy that was night fishing with no lights and when a boat approached he would "flash" them with a q-beam to mark his location. Problem was he flashed a DNR officer and got a ticket.

My question would be...Can you use a yellow light to keep bugs down as a anchor light or does it have to be standard white light?

3. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    I believe the requirement is all the lights, running and anchor, must be visible for two miles, and the anchor light must be unobstructed in a 360 degree circle. That means if you setting in the boat, it must be higher than your head.

4. RiverratSC

RiverratSC Active Member

State:
    Gaffney, SC
    If memory serves me right it has to be a white light but I will check on it.

5. RiverratSC

RiverratSC Active Member

State:
    Gaffney, SC
    This is what the book states.

Navigation Lights must be on between official sunset and sunrise.

6. RiverratSC

RiverratSC Active Member

State:
    Gaffney, SC
  7. mudkip

mudkip New Member

State:
    SC
    Don't use your running lights while anchored, that sends the wrong message to an approaching vessel. Your anchor light must conform to standards and be visible 360 degrees. Fishing at night requires a different game plan and it is best to have a friend along to help.