Lights not working

Discussion in 'Fishing Rod Review' started by cumberlandcat, Sep 12, 2007.

1. cumberlandcat

cumberlandcat New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I have had these glow sticks for about a year and now one of them won't light up. I have tried the batteries but no luck any one had this and found a quick fix?

2. Bacardipr05

Bacardipr05 New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    Hey cumberland the light on the top stopped working for me the second week after i purchased the Glowstick. It remained that way for about a week or so. I tried blowing into it tapping it and nothing. Then I dropped the rod and it came on itself. That was maybe about a month ago no problems since. Not saying for you to do the same but just sharing what happened to mine.

3. Whistler

Whistler Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    Just set your glowstick out in the sun for a few hours before dark. You won't even need those lights. I've never even put batteries in one of mine. If you allow them to sit like that, they glow like a green lightstick at night.

4. cumberlandcat

cumberlandcat New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Thanks, bass pro actually took it back for a new one with no trouble or questions. I was surprised I though they would take an hour of my time to return a rod for a new one. I guess if it breaks every 11 1/2 months I can go get a new one. So we will see. I did notice though if they have set in the sun they work great.

5. Bacardipr05

Bacardipr05 New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    Thats great good luck with it. It really does great just need an hour of sunlight hitting it.

6. griz

griz Well-Known Member

State:
    Murray Ky.
    A friend of mine just sticks a couple of Gene's glowsticks in the top section of his rods, works great.

7. cumberlandcat

cumberlandcat New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I didn't think of that a glow stick on those babys would probably light up the sky