Lights in water

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by OleWhiskers, Jun 16, 2009.

1. OleWhiskers

OleWhiskers New Member

State:
    Minster,Ohio
    I woundering if anyone has tried using any kind of lights that you put out in the water.They say it is supposed to attract bait fish like shad and blue gill and other small fish and then the bigger fish like cats come in to feed on them.Anyone have any info on this or tried it?Let me know your results if it worked or if it's a bunch of bull.

2. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I dont, but welcome to the BOC any way Charles.:big_smile:

3. CatBobJimFish

CatBobJimFish New Member

State:
    Dayton, Ohio
    I had to look again because it looked like "Tights in water".... and to that I'd have to reply that I personally don't wear tights when I go to the water..... but Jack has admitted to doing so on more than one occasion, infact he says he wont step foot in a boat without 'em(says they bring him good luck):eek:oooh:

just kidding Jack.:tounge_out:

4. shadman2009

shadman2009 New Member

State:
    kannapolis
    i have used lights to crappie fish i got some big cts that away to

5. Mr. Foster

Mr. Foster New Member

State:
    Kansas
    I bought a underwaterlight last year, but havent tried it yet. I made a post on the same subject and there was more positive than negative feedback. Ill try to find it and let you know. At the least ill be able to fill up my bait tank with perch. So imo you cant beat that.

6. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    Welcome to the BOC Charlie. Never cared for any lights at all when fishing but some say it brings in feeders an thus brings in the bigger fish. I like the complete darkness however.