Lights for a boat

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by katcatchingfool, Jun 10, 2006.

1. katcatchingfool

katcatchingfool New Member

State:
    illinois
    i was just wondering, what do other people use for lights to see their poles at night i use a dull white florescent light that plugs in to a cig lighter but i want something that dosent draw as many bugs any ideas

2. Redd

Redd New Member

State:
    Southeast Kansas
    I just use a kerosene lantern...and you can guess what that'll do at night... But its cheap, and so am I. So, I deal with it and try to stay as far away as possible and still get a little light. Good luck in finding something anyway. I'd like to find a new light too. Be checkin' on here after awhile for new ideas. Tight lines to ya.

-Red

3. Mr.T

Mr.T New Member

State:
    MO
    If all you need is to see the rod tips, get some glow sticks - Wally World sells the kind that clip right to the end of your rod; others can be taped to it. Keep it dark except for when you need to see something - use a headlamp for that - and you won't have bug problems.

4. james

james New Member

State:
    Blue Ridge texa
    I used to use the glow sticks from wally world tell i went and checked outhttp://www.akwolf.com/MainWolf/glowstick.htm you get 100 8inch glow sticks for what 10 bucks i think it is. well worth it ive got a tube sittin right here. I use some clear tape to attach them to the tip of my pole. akwolf.com is also one of our sponsors.

5. james

james New Member

State:
    Blue Ridge texa

6. vlparrish

vlparrish New Member

State:
    Bedford, Kentucky
    All I ever use in my boat is the running lights. White rods and good night vision. I don't even carry a flashlight with me 90% of the time cause I can tie my rigs blind folded. The other night I was getting po'd at my fishing partner for shining his headlamp all over the shallow water we were fishing and also shining it in my eyes. Vern

7. james

james New Member

State:
    Blue Ridge texa
    sounds like my fishing partner. I also like to use a battery powerd black light.

8. Buddrice

Buddrice New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    I have a tube of glow stick I got through Main Wolf and I use a little lantern that works off of AA batteries that I pick up for 10 bucks..

9. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I'll be someone to it...... Add H2O Mellon comment here :wink:

10. Kittyhunter

Kittyhunter New Member

State:
    Princeton, NC
    White rods show up with the slightest bit of light. I bought a "headlight" from Lowe's for $15 that has a red led light on it. The white rods show up great with the red light and it doesn't cast light in the water. It also works great tying leaders and stuff too. I usually don't use a light though just sitting and waiting.

11. FishMan

FishMan New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    These are really good and must be fresh, I have many burn over 12 hours and had one burning 20 hours.

12. flathead willie

flathead willie Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    I fished with a guy that had a couple Black Lights mounted in the boat. They worked pretty good. Last week I used a Coleman lantern on the bank and the bugs drove me out of there. Man they were bad. I should have brought my camo headnet I use bowhunting.