Lightning struck twice!!!

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by jlingle, Nov 18, 2007.

1. jlingle

jlingle New Member

State:
    Altus, Okl
    Jiminy, what a deer season. I got a goodun with my muzzleloader & then this...

Last night I hunted a buddy's cow pasture & saw a pretty darn good buck. It was getting pretty dark & I didn't have enough light to accurately judge him, so I let him go. I called him and told him about it and this morning he took his brother over there & they got a shot at the buck. He told me the buck was a REALLY big deer & I should've shot him last night. I was pretty disappointed, especially since the buck wasn't killled, but I figured I might get a chance at him another time. Well tonight my buddy's dad wanted to sit that stand, and he'd seen a monster out of his stand the day before. None of us could figure out why he didn't want to sit his own stand, where the big buck was spotted... but oh well. We traded & I went to his tower. Thank God. I only saw one deer all night, but it was the biggest buck I've ever shot at. I spotted him at first from about 600 yards away & knew he was a shooter. When you know they're big from that far away, then that deer is NO JOKE!!!! Anyway, he was south of me & headed west.... bad deal. Then he saw my pickup and turned and headed directly north to me..... great deal. I had to sit there and watch this big boy amble through the chest-high crp grass until he presented me a shot. I didn't take the shot until he was about 70 yards. He dropped in his tracks. He's a 10 pointer with a split brow tine on his left side. If his right side matched his left, he'd be 150+. Oh well, I'm certainly proud of the rascal.

Attached Files:

2. flathead willie

flathead willie Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    That's a monster buck!!! Good deal!

3. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Super buck,Jerrod.

4. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    Thats a good one for certain. nice work

5. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    Great buck Jerrod!!!

6. CHAVEZ CHAVEZ

CHAVEZ CHAVEZ New Member

State:
    WesternSlope,CO
    nice.........congrats to ya . has a nice frame ,hieght awsome pic.

7. kat in the hat

kat in the hat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Heck of a nice buck! Way to go man.:big_smile: So, that little sticker on the left isn't a point? Looks like an 11 or 12 pointer to me.

8. nycathunter

nycathunter New Member

State:
    New York?
    thats a awsome buck congrats!

9. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    CONGRATS......VERY NICE INDEED

10. jeffw51

jeffw51 New Member

State:
    mo
    funny how it works out sometimes when you pass one up,looks like you made the right choice,awsome buck.

11. akwolf41

akwolf41 Master Instigator of the BOC!

State:
    Kenai, Ala
    Jerrod:

Congrats Ole Buddy, That is one Nice Buck.

You DA Man:

Gene

12. PeZ

PeZ New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    congratz jerrod thats a fine animal you bagged there you gonna get a mount done on it if so i no someone that will do it cheap!!

13. plainsman

plainsman New Member Supporting Member

State:
    minnesota
    Nice deer, how did ya ever get the patience to wait for it to come up to ya like that? I'da been goin nuts, probably got too excited to hit it. I saw a little fawn about 90 yds in the brush. just waitin for it to get in the clear to see what was there took 10-15 minutes, but it took me that long to settle down. anyway it was venison, not a trophy, but I can't afford to mount one anyway, and the young ones are tender. gotta say again nice deer, and good shootin

14. kycatman01

kycatman01 New Member

State:
    kentucky
    Great buck!! I bet that brought you some buck fever, LOL!!

15. GETHOOKED

GETHOOKED New Member

State:
    Arizona, Scott
    You have to let em grow!! Nice job, great harvest