Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner

Lightning Struck Hickory Striker

2K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  hct236 
#1 ·
While clearing land for our cabin, we cut down a hickory tree that was struck by lightning, I really liked the wood so I truned this turkey call striker from a piece of it. Really unique burn patterns in the wood. Thinking about making a matching glass or slate pot call to match it. My nephew has been after me to make one to donate to the Boy Scouts for one of their fund raising raffles, so I think I'll go ahead and make a matching slate call and give to 'em.

Attachments

See less See more
#6 ·
Brother that is some awesome work . Very nice and cool looking striker . The Scouts should love it and that is a great thing to donate to something like the Boy Scouts of America .
Yeah, my nephew is 17 and made eagle scout last year and he still participates in the program as much as he can. Second thoughts, somebody may want to use the call for hunting and not just look at it, and hickory pot calls, in my opinion, don't sound that great. So I'll make a black walnut pot to go with the hickory striker.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.