Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sitting on the frount stoop tonight I noticed my firrst lightning bugs of the year. I love those little buggers.
smokey

·
Registered
2,954 Posts
Sitting on the frount stoop tonight I noticed my firrst lightning bugs of the year. I love those little buggers.
smokey
Yep kinda makes me feel young again and remembering the days in the country with my family enjoying homemade Ice cream and listening to the stories of the grown ups childhood man them were the days

·
Registered
13,057 Posts
but it's great fun to catch 'em.

I still remember the time my mom's first cousin (great aunt's son, he lived up the road) helped me catch enough to fill a whole mayonnaise jar.

My aunt Lib, and uncle Millis, and aunt Myrtle.....and Gran, plus my mom and dad, were on the porch.

Good times.

They're too little to use for bait IMO.

·
Registered
4,060 Posts
We saw our first ones last night,,,the kids were having a blast catching them.

When I was a kid I had a bunch of toads for pets. This time of year I fed them lightning bugs....it's pretty neat because their stomachs will light up till the bug dies.

-Jim-

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
i remember as a kid at grandma and grandpas smackn em with a wiffle ball bat. now i love to help my kids catch em. just last week we sit down by the creek and watched a field lit up full of em. and a full moon. it was beautiful.

·
Premium Member
3,583 Posts
As a kid growing up in the hills of NE Okla. we caught them and used them as bait to catch creek chubs. All the watering troughs had springs running in them so we put the chubs in there until we got to go to the river to fish. I remember my Grandmother getting the big chubs out and cleaning them to cook. They taste good, just real bony.

Man this thread brings back some good memories.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.