Lightnin strike?

Discussion in 'Fishing Rod Holder Review' started by Mudville, Jul 10, 2006.

1. Mudville

Mudville New Member

anyone ever use this rod holder.it's supposed to set the hook for you when tthe fish strike. i don't want it for all the time just when i have to leave the rig alone.i seem to always missone when i have to let some water out.lol.

2. catseeman

catseeman New Member

State:
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    The fish watch you waalk away and know to bite then. you need a cardboard cut out to put up when you irrigate the weeds.

3. Mudville

Mudville New Member

:lol: i wonder if that would be cheaper than the pole holder.:big_smile:

4. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I'm glad someone put this online cause I myself have been pretty curious about them too. 1 I'd like too know seriously if they do as they claim and 2 I'd like to know where they can be purchased and what is their cost. Any replys would be greatly appreciated.-------------pk powell:big_smile:

5. dcaruthers

dcaruthers New Member

State:
    Alabama
    When does it stop...rod holders that set your hook for you. May as well stay at home and buy your fish at the market if your gonna take all the fun out of it. Setting the hook and missing strikes is part of fishing.

6. Fishing Fred

Fishing Fred New Member

State:
    Lillington, N.C
    I purchased two on-line somewhere a couple of years ago. Did not like the way they workerd. It takes a hard strike to make them release even after a lot of adjustment. The way they are spring loaded they could handle a good size fish if he was first hooked. Just my opinion, maybe I didn't give them enough of a chance. Still have them but don't use them. Anyone in my area welcome to try them.

7. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Thanks for the review brother, Rep to ya.