Lighting Idea for Night Catfishing

Discussion in 'Catfishing Library' started by Nobody Special, Oct 27, 2005.

1. Nobody Special

Nobody Special New Member

State:
    TN
    I bought an Optronics submersable flourescent green light for crappie fishing and decided it would be a good light to see by when fishing for cats. All I needed wa a way to mount it. I got a piece of 1-1/2" PVC pipe which fit over the pedestal for the rear seat in my bass boat and cut away a section where the light would shine off the back of the boat on the rods but not in my eyes. See the attached drawing.

If you make one, you will need to make the bottom part the same length as the pedestal, and the top section with the cut away as long as the green light. The lights come in two sizes. I believe 12" and 18". I have the 18" one. I just took a couple of cable ties to hold mine to the tube. If you need a little light in the boat, you can raise the light up above the top of the PVC so it shines 360 degrees.

Optronics advertises that the green lights will not attract bugs, but they will. Maybe not as bad as a white light though. These lights use very little electricity and will burn all night without running your battery down.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]