Lightheaded when standing up??

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by teaysvalleyguy, Jul 1, 2006.

1. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Alright, dont think I am gonna die. This has happened to me for as long as I can remember. Just curious to see if anyone has any answers about this. When I sit for a long time or lay down for a long time and get up to walk around I will get kinda woosy for a second. Does not happen all the time but every now and then. Does anyone have an answer for this?? Heck, maybe I am dying. hehehe

2. teaysvalleyguy

State:
    GC, OHIO
    OK, no one responding, starting to worry. hehehe

3. field989

field989 New Member

State:
    east central indiana
    YEP

happens to me all the time

and when it does happen i cant see ANYTHING
    all i can see is red and bright white

it has always happend to me....
    even if i only sit for a few minutes

4. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Tea,I'm not sure about this but I think I'd definitely let the Dr know abt it.You never know what is going on.That or lay off the stuff you're smoking... :lol:

5. Buddrice

Buddrice New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    I have had that happen to me several times so I hope your not dying.Maybe it could be something with your diet...

6. kccats

kccats New Member

State:
    Olathe, Kansas
    Tea, this is a normal occurance when you are sitting or laying down for long periods of time. Try getting up more often, like 3 or 4 times a day. If this is too much for you, you might take it slow and just get up twice a day for a couple of weeks to break in your body and brain.

:big_smile:

Just kidding! I have something simular all my life as well. I have been doing some reserch about some of the syptoms I have. You may want to check into something call adrenal fatigue. It can also be caused by a lack in some vitamins, lack of food, lack of water.

It would be best to go see your doctor with your concerns.

7. teaysvalleyguy

State:
    GC, OHIO
    It is not happening any more now then before. Just kinda curious, I think I remember hearing something about your blood rushing down when you stand up but cant remember if that is right or not. Figured someone would know alot more then me. Dont take much. hehehe

8. teaysvalleyguy

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Thanks Chris, appreciate the response. Good info there.

9. dcaruthers

dcaruthers New Member

State:
    Alabama
    A good bet would be blood pressure. Have you had yours checked lately?

10. teaysvalleyguy

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Yeah, went to hospital last Tuesday when I tried to cut my finger off.

113/70

So, I know that is not an issue. The diet has helped that out tremendously.

11. copycat

copycat New Member

State:
    New Jersey
    It happens to me to for many years now, just like you described. I never really worried about but now you got me thinking.

12. teaysvalleyguy

State:
    GC, OHIO
    LMAO, glad I could bum you out for the night. hehehe

Hey, if it has happened to many of us, maybe it is normal. Who knows....it would be the first time I have ever been normal. LMAO

13. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

It is usually due to your blood pressure you need to have it checked, but it may also becaused by your BGL blood glucose level, are you diabetic? Get your BP and BGL checked its most likely one of the two and is easily corrected with diet (weight lose) and medication. Not a major problem but a precursor of problems to come if not corrected.

14. Redd

Redd New Member

State:
    Southeast Kansas
    Actually Tea....I watched a documentary on it on the discovery channel, they said if it ain't your blood pressure, its the change of the gravitational pull towards the earth as the atoms and molecules clash together to cause a chemical reaction in your a$$...lol ok, I have no idea...that was all bull crap...sorry. lol

-Red

15. teaysvalleyguy

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Both are fine, does not happen very often. Just every now and then. Grandma is a diabetic and checks me about every year. Like I said, my blood pressure is 113/70 last checked Tuesday of last week.

Thanks for the answer though, never know. I am falling apart in my old age. LMAO

16. teaysvalleyguy

State:
    GC, OHIO
    LMAO, had me going for a minute. hehehe

17. peewee williams

peewee williams New Member

State:
    Pembroke,Georgia
    Yep! Happens to me all the time,but I am dying.Ain;t I the cheery one?Look at the good side of it.Good heath ain't nothing but a slow way to die.Could be low blood pressure.It would have to drop out while they are checking you,to find it,or you could wear a monitor.If it is worrisome,check with your doctor.The test can be expensive.Dieting has done it to me in the past.Luck.peewee-williams.

18. IL Hunter

IL Hunter New Member

State:
    Normal, IL
    It happens if I've been playing and then shoot right up. I don;t think its as common for me as it is for you.

19. Dragger

Dragger New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    If I was on a diet,and tried to cut off my finger,I know I would be a little woozy myself................

20. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I have had the problem many times before, for me it's usually fluid build up in the inner ear.