Lighted Knocks

Discussion in 'Bowhunting' started by billNpam, Sep 14, 2009.

1. billNpam

billNpam Active Member

State:
    Alabama
    Has any one used these and if so what are your thoughts. Did you have to resight after you installed them?

2. MikeV

MikeV New Member

State:
    pennslvania
    i got one free with a half dozen arrows and it didnt work,but it flys the same as the others

3. RonSki

RonSki New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I used Easton Tracer nocks last year and I don't think I'll EVER shoot another arrow with out a lighted nock. There's LOTS of opinions on which nock is the best but I really like having the magnetic switch instead of having to tap my arrows on something. I have not tried any other lighted nocks, but I'm not interested in spending $20 for one nock just in case I were to lose it. A lighted nock not only helps you find game (I shot a doe last year that ran for 50 yds with the nock hanging out of her left side till she fell on it) but it will tell you right away if you hit a limb or torqued the bow. Fishtailing arrows are very easy to see. Try one and see what you think. You won't need to move your pins at all....

4. Critter Getter

Critter Getter New Member

State:
    Elnora, Indiana
    I have been shooting lumenocks for about 5 yrs and love them. Bought 3 of them then and all 3 still work great. I made a shot on a doe a couple yrs back right at dark and the arrow dug into far shoulder and I watched her run all the way through the woods with that orange nock bouncing.

If you hunt field edges much, low light shots are very likely. The lighted nocks let you know exactly where your arrow struck. Could mean the difference between finding that big buck or not, especially when the shot was not as good as thought. Remember to always give them plenty of time. Don't rush after them, they will still be at the end of the blood trail a lil while later.:wink:

5. Critter Getter

State:
    Elnora, Indiana
    I have been shooting lumenocks for about 5 yrs and love them. Bought 3 of them then and all 3 still work great. I made a shot on a doe a couple yrs back right at dark and the arrow dug into far shoulder and I watched her run all the way through the woods with that orange nock bouncing.

If you hunt field edges much, low light shots are very likely. The lighted nocks let you know exactly where your arrow struck. Could mean the difference between finding that big buck or not, especially when the shot was not as good as thought. Remember to always give them plenty of time. Don't rush after them, they will still be at the end of the blood trail a lil while later.:wink:

6. bownero

bownero New Member

State:
    Hastings, Ne.
    Lighted nocks do have their purpose. Many guys use them in hunting situations and even on the 3-d course to see where the arrows hit. Myself, I have never tried them, because of the expense they are!! I guess I'll stick with my regulat nocks and hope for the best to find my arrow after the shot!! Been pretty lucky finding the arrow. Most of my harvest kills are pass-throughs.

7. Critter Getter

State:
    Elnora, Indiana
    When you are shooting a $10+ arrow and a $10 broadhead, the couple extra bucks on a lighted nock could end up saving some money in the long run. I agree with you though, they are pretty expensive. If I didn't get a heck of a deal on them I prolly wouldn't have got one, but now that I have one I don't want to shoot at a critter without one!