Light up bobbers

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by bluesbrother, Aug 29, 2006.

1. bluesbrother

bluesbrother New Member

State:
    texas
    thinking of getting some i seen at walmart there like 3 dollers and some change any one got one can you tell me if its a good deal? thanks

2. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

I see a lot of pepole using them but I think I like the big bobbers with a glowstick. In the long run I would guess that the cost would also be lower than buying new batteries for every trip.

3. bluesbrother

bluesbrother New Member

State:
    texas
    thank you . i was hoping the batterys would last a long time guess not. where do you get the ones with a glowstick

4. bigcat_chaser

bigcat_chaser New Member

State:
    Cincy, Ohio
    I agree with laidback, lighted bobbers work pretty good but a larger bobber with an attached glowstick is my personal preference when fishing on top just easier to see and you can change glowstick colors easily if others close to you have similar colors cant do that with lighted bobbers stuck with the color ya got :smile2:

5. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

Maine Wolf products, one of our sponsers, has them and the glowsticks at a price that is hard to beat. I have some that were made by my grandfather. I am looking to get a few of the one's from Main Wolf soon, I have only heard good things about them.

6. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    Yeah, just get big bobbers and put glowsticks on them. I get 100 glowsticks off ebay for $10.00 and big bobbers from a local baitshop, and a sponsor here, Maine Wolf Products has the big "Kat Bobbers" and glowsticks for them.

7. bluesbrother

bluesbrother New Member

State:
    texas
    thanks yall. i will give them a try.

8. dwreel

dwreel New Member

State:
    Southern Pines, NC
    Maine Wolf Products. A link is on the right side of this page. AND, his glow sticks are only $.15 each and 8" long.

9. gcarlin

gcarlin New Member

State:
    Richmond ,Indiana
    I use both styles of lighted bobbers. and i like them both

10. loanwizard

loanwizard Well-Known Member

State:
    Coshocton,
    I use Genes Bobbers (Maine Wolfe) and light sticks. I also use glowsticks on might bottom lines. No more lantern or angle to the sky needed to see the rod tip move.

11. derbycitycatman

derbycitycatman Well-Known Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Name:
    your first name
    Ive been using one of those lighted bobbers from wallyworld for a couple months now. Batteries are still good, just invert the top battery when your not using it, a few people on here told me that. I did have a problem with the cheap plastic the swivel was attached to. It broke after a few trips but I melted another swivel into the thicker plastic and it works great now. I got tired of using lightsticks, my line kept tangling up in it and got expensive. The lighted bobber has paid for itself many times.

12. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    Benji is right. Those damn things eat up the batteries. I use the small glow sticks from Wal-Mart.

13. IL_CATFISH

IL_CATFISH New Member

State:
    Illinois
  14. truckin4x4

truckin4x4 New Member

State:
    columbus, Ohio
    i got for my wife and she liked it but if you do get one make sure you take the batteries out of them after u use them becouse they will go dead even if there turned off. but worked good for her. it gives her something to watch or she gets bored

15. porboy

porboy New Member

State:
    TX Panhand
    Alright Ryan, reps to you and the Doctor for such a good idea.
    Thanks
    Bill

16. IL_CATFISH

IL_CATFISH New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Glad I could help. I think that the credit would have to go to DOC though. I started a thread asking the same question basically and he sent me the link to his sight. There's a lot of cool stuff on there. Especially the extra livewell that he managed to fit that 88 lb blue in. Really cool stuff!

17. kspor

kspor New Member

State:
    Wichita Kansas
    I have about a half a dozen of them and like them alot. I have not had any problems with the batteries, but you must unscrew the section a bit. I usually get several months of use out of them. I have not had problems with breakage either. I fish them along riprap and dams and they have bounced more than a few times.

I have also had fish hit the bobbers.

For me and mine, they work great.

18. bluesbrother

bluesbrother New Member

State:
    texas
    wow that is a good deal thank yall