Light rain in the forecast

Discussion in 'INDIANA RIVERS TALK' started by kyleco55, Oct 7, 2008.

1. kyleco55

kyleco55 Well-Known Member

State:
    Central In
    Although light rain in is the forecast for this evening, im still up for some river fishing... Been checking the radars, and it looks like we may get a light drizzle/sprinkle around 5-6.. You guys still on? im planning on leaving the house (east side) around 5, gotta head over n get some more hooks, and maybe some heavier sinkers, then ill be headed that way.. hopefully ill get there 530-6

2. ThaWstSide

ThaWstSide New Member

State:
    Speedway,
    The rain is a beautiful thing, if it keeps raining it will be a blessing...

Let it rain, let it rain, let it rain....

3. kyleco55

State:
    Central In
    as bad as we all need it, they are only calling for about quarter inch:sad2:

4. kyleco55

State:
    Central In
    well its 5 oclock somewhere right?? im headin out to get hooks and sinkers, hope to see you guys shortly.

5. misterwhisker

misterwhisker New Member

State:
    T. Bowl
    well good luck, and have fun, give a report when you get back

6. kyleco55

State:
    Central In
    hmm... report for the white river tonight... first it was chilly, then wet, then just wet and chilly... oh yeah, n the fishing stunk too.. not even a good bite.. partially our fault though, fishing an unfamiliar part of the river, and got there after dark.

7. whiteriverbigcats

whiteriverbigcats New Member

State:
    Indiana
    My Apologies guys... Some on here call me a vampire due to the fact I can stay up a week at a time and sleep isnt ever a factor.. well i guess it caught up with me today.. I was out of it.. Actually it scared alot of people cause they couldnt get ahold of me.... sorry to hear the fishing stunk... I will for sure be going out this evening.. to a place down here close to me.. just hope the rain doesnt make the field muddy or im not going to make it back there to the river by car.. But hey I need the exercise anyways...

8. Trahviiz

Trahviiz Member

State:
    Indianapolis
    You aren't kidding man, by the time I got changed I was nearly frozen. If I keep blanking every trip I'm going to invest in a cast net, who needs poles!? :smile2:

Kyle caught a huge carp in his cast net, in the tiniest pond.

9. ThaWstSide

ThaWstSide New Member

State:
    Speedway,
    Sorry to hear you fellas didnt catch anything after being soaked, I would have been there with you if I could have. Next time I will have to join you, and better the chances with more lines in the water.

My night was somewhat productive however, but could have been better. I shot 713 :roll_eyes:, and won 0 Money!. :sad2: And we bowled a vacant team, so I didnt get the pleasure of my scores beating somebody up...

Where exactly did you guys fish?, did you go back to the dam?. I think we need to try the logjam, it is big enough I am sure there might be a couple at least hiding up under it or around it. Not to mention, there is 2 pillars right there, and logjams up against both of them, 1 is quite a bit bigger than the other though!

10. kyleco55

State:
    Central In
    we fished just to the north of the tressle. with all the rain, and my ole ladys front wheel drive, i didnt want to wonder too far from the gravel, so we just stayed right there...kinda gettin a feeling we was in pretty shallow water??

11. kyleco55

State:
    Central In
    how do i get there shane?? and oh yeah if your still looking for a small cat?? lol i caught one that is no longer than an inch n a half!!! was using cast net for bait since my bait poles are in storage out in shelbyville... caught a nice carp and that small cat in the same throw.. and oh yeah, ive been catching shad in there too.. in a sub division retention pond?? how?

12. ThaWstSide

ThaWstSide New Member

State:
    Speedway,
    Hmmm, the water isnt real deep for about the first 10 - 15 feet where they launch the boats right there. But once you get past that it goes down a bit. I think right around those pillars is fairly deep, I watched my line draw out from the spool when i dropped in there...

13. kyleco55

State:
    Central In
    we were throwing out pretty far for a while.. travis was throwing towards the pillars, i was throwing north... after a while i started throwing a little closer, and even put one not far from the bank under the first big tree...

14. whiteriverbigcats

State:
    Indiana
    you know where KY AVE. is? Go straight down kentucky ave. to the camby mijer and your less then a mile from my house... not sure which hole im going to fish tonight but im going rain or not... getting rain gear out now...

15. whiteriverbigcats

State:
    Indiana
    what kind of baby cat was it

16. kyleco55

State:
    Central In
    really cant tell.. its really light brown on the body, redish tint around its head..it does have a V-shaped tail.. ive got it in a bait bucket.. ill bring it along tonight... what time you want to head out?? will i need to bring bait? how do i get ahold of you?

17. whiteriverbigcats

State:
    Indiana
  18. Trahviiz

Trahviiz Member

State:
    Indianapolis

Man that thing is tiny, it's smaller than the little catfish you can buy at Wally World or something.

19. whiteriverbigcats

State:
    Indiana
    he is now swimming in a 1.5 Gallon tank along with his bass buddies... I shall name him George

20. Trahviiz

Trahviiz Member

State:
    Indianapolis
    Hah, so how'd you do tonight Shane?