Light House

Discussion in 'Jims Woodworking' started by beetle, Jan 6, 2007.

1. beetle

beetle New Member

State:
    Ohio
    The light house is made from 5/4" treated decking. It measures about 22" by 72" tall. It has a solar light in top.

2. Ol Man

Ol Man New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I built Ma a 72" lighthouse a couple years ago. Her favorite spot for it happened to be under a ceder tree. Consequently, her solar light doesn't get enough solar energy to keep it lit...:lol:

~~~~~~~~~~
    "And God said: 'Let there be Satan, so people don't blame everything on me. And let there be lawyers, so people don't blame everything on Satan.'" -- John Wing

3. jsk30

jsk30 New Member

State:
    NC
    great lookin lighthouse

4. Team StrayCats

Team StrayCats New Member

State:
    florida
    Nice looking light house. I have a few here that i bought for my wife cause she likes light houses. I wouldent mind haveing one like that . I can build. If you dont mind sharing. Pm me Thanks

5. Patmansc

Patmansc Well-Known Member

State:
    Cordova, TN
    That's pretty cool, & I really like the idea of the solar light :lol:

6. fish

fish Active Member

State:
    ChattanoogaTenn
    Roger, you have a bunch of great projects. You are trully a talented fellow. I like the lighthouse, it is really sharp.

7. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    That is really neat.Wish Ihad talent like that. My daughter would go nuts with that in her front yard.She loves lighthouses.

8. beetle

beetle New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Thanks for the kind words everyone. I will have to come up with something better than the rope though. The birds around my house seem to love to peck at it. I have replaced it twice now. I like the look of it but the birds frez it up bad until it breaks. I think I will have to change it to some kind of small chain this spring.

9. Dave L

Dave L New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    One of those would look great next to my pond thanks for the idea.
    You could maybe try a piece of white wire to replace the rope with, that way you can give it a little droop to give it the rope look.

10. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    Very nice looking light house.

11. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

Nice work Roger. I've seen a lot of "cookie cutter" lighthouses displayed in yards around my area, but yours is unique and much more to my liking. Thank you for sharing your skill with us. :smile2:

12. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    Something you might consider, rather than replacing the rope with something different, would be to coat it with a water sealer urothane or something that is clear. Put on SEVERAL coats so that it builds up a slight shell over the rope. Birds should stop picking at it then.