Lifter

Discussion in 'LOCAL SOUTH CAROLINA TALK' started by Bill in SC, Oct 27, 2009.

1. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    lift⋅er

–noun 1. a person or thing that lifts. 2. Machinery. a device or machine part used for lifting another part, as a cam used for lifting a valve in an engine.
    3. A catfish that you can land without the aid of a net. Lift with rod.

"He didn't catch any hogs today, but filled the boat up with lifters."

:wink::smile2::wink::cool2::wink::smile2::wink:

Bill in SC

2. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    Ok Bill we really got to talk

3. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    LOL! I never liked the term, "dink". That just sounds too nerdy. Lifters fits the bill for smaller fish in a more dignified manner. :wink:

Bill in SC

4. gotta go

gotta go New Member

State:
    SC
    Its the term i will use in the future. When Seth asks do you need the net, i'll say na gotta lifter:eek:oooh::smile2:

5. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    BTW: This is NOT a BB term. Catmaster James was callin' 'em that last Thursday and I picked up on it. :wink:

BB

6. JEFFRODAMIS

JEFFRODAMIS New Member

State:
    TEXAS
  7. martygreen

martygreen Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Rock Hill,S.C.
    That is a good term,It has been around awhile,I think it originally was used the most by Crappie Fishermen,thats where I have heard it the most anyways.They use those telescopic nets to reach way out to net em when they are using those 12'-16' rods,if they cauht a small one they would not use the net,they would just lift the rod up and swing the fish to em,hence the term Lifter.I love doing that style crappie fishing,just dont have time for it much anymore chasing ole whiskers.:wink:

8. BassMassey

BassMassey Well-Known Member

State:
    Oconee
    I've been using that term too bill.....actually i think i heard it over in SC. Anyone use the term TittyBream?

TittyBream: A member of the sunfish family of large stature. The origin of the term comes from the technique an angler uses to unhook a large bluegill by holding him againts his chest, due to the fact that the speciman is too big to get your hand around him.

" I filled my bait bucket with a dozen tittybream before setting out for the night."

Last edited: Oct 27, 2009
  9. gotta go

gotta go New Member

State:
    SC
    Not me but i use something simalar, I tell Seth to gitme bream 4 bait:smile2:

10. BIG_D

BIG_D New Member

State:
    Batchtown IL.
    :smile2::smile2::smile2: what Bill is trying to say is a lifter dont sound as small as a dink lol its ok Bill i catch thoes dinking lifters to lol

11. Jeremy Sheffey

Jeremy Sheffey New Member

State:
    Columbus, Ohio
    Watch out bill you have started a new term that will be used around the world by fisherman for small fish and women for...well you get the picture....i like it im going to use it

12. pop pop

pop pop New Member

State:
    Lake Green
    A lifter? I use that word sometimes. I say" lifter on open there and get me another man cola out that cooler":big_smile: