Lifevest loan or sell?

Discussion in 'Boating' started by pamlee101, Jul 8, 2007.

1. pamlee101

pamlee101 New Member

State:
    carrollton
    not sure if i am allowed to post this here, if not i apologise and mods can remove it. but we just found out my kids and grandbabies are coming to visit this week. Lee is out of work for a couple of days while the boss's trailer gets fixed and he is going down tonight to get them. that is cheaper than for them to rent a van. anyway, the purpose for this post is that i have a vest that will fit Dallas, but Gabe is only 6 months ols and i don't have one for someone that little and would take a week to get one if i order it now. so i was wondering if any ky folks maybe have one we could borrow for a week or if someone's baby has outgrown one that they may want to sell. i know this is presumptous, but i have to find some way to get one so noone gets left out baby sitting when we go boating. and there is no place here to get one close by. if not, guess i'll have to see what shipping charge would be for overnighting one. anyway, just thought i'd ask.

thanks and have a good one,
    pam

2. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    No big deal. Ya gotta swing the bat to get a hit. Did you try Walmart for a small vest? I know I got one for my grandson when he was a small pup rite off the rack. Give it a shot.

3. Mr.T

Mr.T Active Member

State:
    MO
    I'm with Big George -- you can't live very far away from a Wally World. They'll have them, provided of course that the space for life jackets hasn't been replaced by the Christmas ornaments already... :roll_eyes:

4. pamlee101

pamlee101 New Member

State:
    carrollton
    in carrollton it isn't wally world. more like wally room :embarassed:

the one here doesn't even have a 30-50 vest. last time i was at lagrange and madison i checked and they didn't have the "less than 30". i can order one, but hate to pay more for overnight shipping than the vest costs. just goes against the grain somehow.

5. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    LOL! Ain't That just about the sad truth. Although they may do halloween first.

6. duxsrus

duxsrus New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    I think I still have one that my duaghter outgrew that I'd give you but I'm on vacation 1100 miles from home and won't be home until next Monday. There's a Crestwood Wallys just down 71 a little further than the LaGrange store. Hopefully someone can come through for you.