Life's Turning Points

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by TXBlueHunter, Apr 17, 2006.

1. TXBlueHunter

TXBlueHunter New Member

State:
    Flower Mound, Texas
    Well all have them and I thought I would share mine.

I am only 28 so the turning point in my life was the first night I met my wife. You see at the time I was 21 an had been drinking since I was 16 or 17 so I well into drinking and parting and everything else that went with it. The night I met my wife was in a bad I was drinking and hitting on anything thing that walked and my room mate talking to her. The first time I seen her something went off in my body and I know she was it.

Well the next four days we spent every hour together and she moved in with me a month later then a year later we were married. We have been together for seven years now and I have had a total of maybe a six pack since that night we meet.

Since that night I have not had the desire to drink. I know the drinking was just to try and fill a spot I had open and once I met my wife that spot is now and will forever be filled.

Without my wife I would not be the man I am today or have what I have today. I would give all I have up for this woman.

That is short story of the turning point in my life.

Sorry for the long post just had the urge to share a little with the Brotherhood.

For those that have not meet my wife, pretty much everyone on the site:) her pic is attached.

Attached Files:

2. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    You have yourself a real nice looking wife, congrats. :thumbsup:

The turning point in my life had to be the birth of our twins (we have 3 kids total). It's made me value "life" more. I have a much greater respect for the human spirt and life in general.

3. peewee williams

peewee williams New Member

State:
    Pembroke,Georgia
    thanks for sharing.I hope life works out for the two of you.peewee-williams

4. screen

screen New Member

State:
    Sterling, Illinois
    Nice turning point! You got the package deal you lucky guy! Cleaned up your life - found a nice woman and she fishes too! All the best!

5. TXBlueHunter

TXBlueHunter New Member

State:
    Flower Mound, Texas
    Thank you all for the very nice post. Oh,by the way sorry for the typos. I sometimes think faster than I type.

6. ersel

ersel New Member

State:
    Haughton Louisiana
    Glad it turned in the right direction for you

7. Buddrice

Buddrice New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    I wish all the good in your marriage,I know where you are coming from.We are going to have our 32 anniversary this July.As far as you thinking faster then you can type,I do that all the time because I can't type.LOL
    :big_smile_2:

8. BigCatSteve

BigCatSteve New Member

State:
    Huber Heights,Ohio
    great story and congrats on the turning point,mine was the birth on my second child,when he was born we almost lost him but he fought thru and is now a healthy and rambunctious 2y/o.when something like that happens you just thank god for for letting it happen to you

9. APD1146

APD1146 New Member

State:
    New York
    Great going there Tim. I know how you feel brother finding the right woman. It took me 3 trys to get my friend, fishing partner , campanion, and wife only to lose her to an early death. She is truly missed in my life and in my boat. A very bright future to you and your lovely wife. May you prosper in your new life.
    John

10. copycat

copycat New Member

State:
    New Jersey
    Thanks for sharing. My turning point was the birth of my first child (good wake up call) born july, 24th 1985 at 7:44 am

11. T-Bone

T-Bone New Member

State:
    South of Dallas
    Great story Tim, thanks for sharing it with us. I got to meet you and your wife this year and I gotta say it was a pleasure to have met y'all.
    My turning point in life came when I hit a bridge while DWI, It's been about 19 almost 20 years now since my last drink.
    Having a good lady in your life really helps to settle ya down. Even better when she fishes with ya too.

12. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK

Tim, you need any more proof that God loves you? congratulations, my friend, and i hope that all the roads for you and your lovely wife are downhill:)

13. Catmaster

Catmaster New Member

State:
    SE Kansas
    Good job, It takes allot of will power to quit a habit.

14. armynavy

armynavy New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Couldn't of said it better myself congrats.