life without parole

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by JERMSQUIRM, Nov 9, 2005.

1. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    thats the sentance handed to the hamong refugee for the slaying of the 6 wisc hunters last year. well at least we will not have to worry about him ever shooting fathers and sons and thier friends ever again. this will give him plenty of time to think about what he did and the widows and families he destroyed. and have no chance of getting out. if he wants to apologize now he can write letters cause he has plenty of time to do so.

2. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I would have like to see them fry him right in front of his family, but this will do!

3. cook

cook New Member

State:
    Plattsburg,Mo.(near K.C.)
    I'll donate the postage if he will write the letters.

Side thought-Life sentence is worse than death penalty....If you have a fear of GOD....if not....Oh well...take your chances

4. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
    Sorry, but I don't believe in life without parole. If a person is that dangerous, he/she is too dangerous to lock up, with all the danger of escape and further murders. When a person has been convicted of murder, and there's reason to think that further murders might be commited if that person were set free, I think it's criminal for a judge and/or jury to fail to use the death penalty. If that person escapes, what do they say to the surviving relatives of victims, "Oops, sorry." I think there should be a law that says if they simply put that person in jail for life, and he/she kills someone after that, the judge and jury members that reccomended incarceration over death should have to stand trial as accessories before the fact.
    To those that say, "Killing a murderer doesn't teach him anything.", I would simply say that the execution isn't being done to teach anybody anything, but rather to prevent more murders. And locking someone away 'forever' simply isn't foolproof. On the other hand, there has never been an instance of anyone commiting additional murders after being executed.

5. bluecatnut

bluecatnut New Member

State:
    freeburg illinois
    i think that instead of wasting all the tax payers money of housing the career criminal and dangerous murders they should waste 4 cents on the 22 round and then put em in the incenarator then use their ashes to fertilize the trees so they are actually doing something for the good of the united states

DUSTY
    U.S.M.C ALUMNI

COURAGE =DOING THE RIGHT THING WHEN NO ONE IS LOOKING

6. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    jerry you have a good point. there is a 100% rehabilitation with death penalty. never commits another crime. :D

7. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    I think I actually read somewhere that it costs more to put a prisioner to death then for him to live out his life sentence. I could be wrong but I belive that to be true.

8. jrm11

jrm11 New Member

State:
    Fairmont, W Va.
    Being a criminal justice major it is very true that it cost more to put someone to death than to let him serve in prison for the remainder of his life.

>I'm a firm believer of the death penalty but im a firm believer of being able to keep as much income in my pocket as possible... trust me it does dig into your pockets if your state has a death penalty.

>and NO u just can't tie someone's hands behind there back and blast them with pappy's deer rifle... not happening in todays society.

9. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    like a comedian said. in texas there building an express lane to the chair. :D

10. Big Country01

Big Country01 New Member

State:
    brandon,florida
    an eye for an eye!!!!!!

11. hookeye

hookeye New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    It would certainly be cheaper to just take em out in front of the courthouse after sentence passed and hang em. Once upon a time that was good enough.

12. jason454ci

jason454ci Active Member

State:
    Zanesville, Ohi
    I'm for the hanging myself. Cheap yet very effective. Plus everyone gets to watch. But we can't do it that way now can we it wouldn't be right. But I suppose when they killed their victim it was right. How is giving them life without parole teaching them anything if they're never getting out. Thats like house breaking a dog that stays outside all the time. Seems kinda pointless to me. Gives them time to think about it. Seems to me the time to think about it was before they did it. I say fry'em all the money saved can be used to stock all of are rivers with big flats and blues. LOL

13. centralcalcat

centralcalcat New Member

State:
    Marion, TX

Fully agree with you. He deserves to fry in my opinion.

-brian

14. cook

cook New Member

State:
    Plattsburg,Mo.(near K.C.)
    I honestly don't know if WS. has the death penalty-But if they don't-Its because thats what the residents voted for(or against)

15. badkarma

badkarma New Member

State:
    Oxford,Miss
    I worked at the state pen and I had to watch over men doing life and tell you that people like that are as drangerous in the pen as out.They are not human just animals that need to be put down!!!!! :cursing:

16. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
    The Constitution guarantees everyone the right to a 'speedy' trial. If we would just enforce this right, even in the face of requests for delays by either the defense or prosecution, a lot of the expense would be eliminated. The idea of waiting 15 years to carry out a sentence is totally out of line.

17. derbycitycatman

derbycitycatman Well-Known Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Name:
    your first name
    I think the death penalty vs. life w/o parole should be decided by the families.
    Let them decide whether he lives or dies.