Life sure can throw you a curve ball sometime

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by flathunter, Feb 24, 2009.

1. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I work at a factory that makes parts for the troubled auto industry.

So my job has been hanging by a thread the last couple months.

Went down to 4 days a week, then three days a week...The last couple weeks I have only got one day a week.

Now basically I am on call when needed, may work a couple days a month if that.

And to top that off we found out today my wife might have cancer, we will find out more next week.

I would aprciate any prayers you guys would have for us.

Thanks

Jack

2. Catpaw

Catpaw Well-Known Member

State:
    Central Cail
    Name:
    James
    Jack you and your wife are in my prayer's ....The most important thing now is her comfort and your love ,Keep her positive because that can make a huge difference in the up coming week's ..God Bless your family.

3. jdstraka

jdstraka Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Council Bluffs, Iowa
    Name:
    John
    Jack You and Your Wife will be in My Prayers Daily. When I First joined the BOC back almost 3 years ago You were one of the Very First to Welcome me and make Me feel welcome, and along the way You were Always there when I needed some support or just a Kind word to show You Cared.I Thank You from the Bottom of My Heart Brother.I will be here for You and Yours Now and Always.I Am so very sorry to hear the news about your Wife and I hope and Pray that All gos well for Her.GOD BLESS YOU JACK!!!! Your Friend,J.D.

PS
    Call Me ANYTIME if you need to talk. PM me for my numbers!

4. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Our prayers go out to you and your family Jack, God Bless

5. poisonpits

poisonpits Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    sending my prayers along with my sincere hopes that things get better for you and yours.

6. smokey869

smokey869 New Member

State:
    frederickt
    our prayers will be with you and your family jack, hope all turns out well, hopefully the auto industry will pick up and you will get back to work full time soon, and me too

7. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Wow Jack, I don't know what to say. Prayers definitely sent.

8. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Will be praying for you bro I hope everything works out.

9. misterwhisker

misterwhisker New Member

State:
    T. Bowl
    Hope everything works out for you and yours jack, seems like we all are having a run of bad luck lately

10. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Sorry to hear that Jack. Keep us posted and good luck.

11. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    Hang in there, Jack!

Prayers and thoughts sent!

God bless.

12. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Dear Lord, please give our brother Jack and his wife and family the diligence, courage and the faith that it takes to get through trials like these. In Jesus name I ask, amen

Jack, my wife Tammy met, fought and beat cancer three years ago. I'm telling you now that it will bring you to the point of anguish and despair, but you must be steadfast in the Lord. There is mighty power in prayer and the good brothers and sisters of the BOC seem to have direct line to God's ear, never doubt it. I think that the good Lord gave cat fishermen a extra dose of patience and yours will be tested to the end brother, and if any one can get their family through this, I think it's you. :wink:

13. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Sorry to hear of this Jack. Things sometimes look down in life, but im sure the Lord has a plan for you both, and will take care of matters. Prayers sent from my family to yours man..... jason

14. crazycat1

crazycat1 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Life definately does have a way of throwing you curveballs. The most important thing is taking it one day at a time. I can not stress enough how important it is to have a positive attitude when dealing with illness, for your wifesake. I am certain she will need encouragement in the upcoming days. Just remember to make as much of your time together as you can- always not just due to ilness. As people we sometimes get rapped up in the day to day struggles and forget about the truly important things, the ones who love and depend on us. I sincerely hope and pray for a positive outcome in this situation. My prayers are with you.

15. One Legged Josh

One Legged Josh New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Prayer sent brother, and more to come.

16. BobbyLee

BobbyLee New Member

State:
    Zanesville, Ohio
    Our prayers go out to you, your wife and family Jack.

17. Garrett Cope

Garrett Cope New Member

State:
    Columbus Ohio
    Our prayers go out to you and your wife, Jack. May god bless and protect you brother.

18. TheRiverRat

TheRiverRat New Member

State:
    Hamilton,Ohio
    I hope you get out ok,it's not looking too good, maybe OBAMA will stimulate you lol :wink:....RAT

19. TheRiverRat

TheRiverRat New Member

State:
    Hamilton,Ohio
    seriuously it might help and i hope it does....RAT

20. slowboat

slowboat New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Jack I pray that its in Gods plan to heal your wife...sb