Life is soo hard

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Kutter, Nov 1, 2008.

1. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    Here it is the first of November. Been out on the back deck for the last few 4 hours, in nothing but shorts on. Sitting around the fire pit watching the flames, glass of homemade wine in my hand and a wife who won't let the glass get too low. An old mongrel dog beside my chair, who every now an then raises up long enough to get a little petting behind the ears. Just before dark, had 3 squirrels mad at me for sitting too close to that tray of raw peanuts I set out for them. Birds sure didn't mind me there while they ate. Darkness came an a slight breeze picked up, just enough to make the warmth from the fire feel good. I wouldn't have sat so long, but I ate so many chicken livers, mashed potatoes & snow peas for supper tonight, I couldn't move. Not much smoke from the fire coming off the wood I got when I cut an old apple tree down last spring. Just enough to see it rise through the yellow leaves of the two Sweetgum trees that grow right through the deck. Well, enough for now, got to head to bed. Lest I forget, I need to change the clocks first, gonna get that extra hour sleep tonight.

2. CuzICan

CuzICan New Member

State:
    Fayetteville, A
    Gosh Tom don't hurt yourself! I worry about you! :wink:

Glad to hear you had a nice evening!

3. sammy joe

sammy joe New Member

State:
    ark
    i almost forgot about changing the time thanks

4. catoon

catoon Board Clown!

State:
    whiteville
    brother that must be the life i often do that maybe not the same thing but the same meaning and out come i dont get to talk with you much cause i stay in hi area alot good luck and happy cattin :wink:

5. postbeetle

postbeetle New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Up your nose! Why you gotta be so happy when half the world is starving! LOL

I'll be right over, keep that fire banked so I can kick it up when I get there. Leave the leftover chicken livers where I can get some. I hope the chicken livers were fried and had a good coating.

Don't wait up for me.

6. CuzICan

CuzICan New Member

State:
    Fayetteville, A
    Hey I'm coming over there with Post and Nancy! I know she ain't letting him go NOWHERE by himself! LOL, j/k. I love chicken livers too...did ya save us some????

7. poisonpits

poisonpits Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    sounds like you living the good life tom.

8. katjuice

katjuice New Member

State:
    ky
    sounds like the life...To bad after tuesday your gonna have to takeall that give half to someone who dont have it....LOL

9. catoon

catoon Board Clown!

State:
    whiteville
    kat if your old enough come to the hi area and talk politics with us they are staying pretty nuetral on the main board click user cp you can join there we will be waiting

10. germanmudfish

germanmudfish New Member

State:
    Gray, GA
    Beeeuuuuuttttiiiiffuuuuull. Made me want to be there.

11. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    Better look out there Kutter you might strain a muscle or something.All that hard work your doing and all!!:roll_eyes: Sounds like a very enjoyable evening all around.For you ,dog ,squirrals and birds..

12. Jerry60k

Jerry60k New Member

State:
    Chelyan, West V
    Sounds like a wonderful evening.I did find one flaw in it though,raw peanuts are bad for the squirrels cant remember the specifics but feed em roasted if you can.

BTW was that fancy wine or the good stuff from the liquor mart :smile2:

13. catman4926

catman4926 New Member

State:
    Texas
    Tom,

Worked all them years so I could do the same,Every evening I think God for giving me another day and I ask him which river may I fish tomorrow. That is a good life and I enjoy it every day to the fullest

14. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    No, if it had gotten strenuous, I would let my wife do it.:wink:
    Is there any other way to cook them? Never mind, I'm quite satisfied with them fried. You two never showed, so I took them to work today an had them for lunch. My wife asked if I wanted the last of them for supper tonight, too late, I already gave the last to the ol dog. He's happy!
    Heard the same thing, looked it up an found that while one study found that to be true, dozens of studies later found it to only very rarely be a problem.
    Yes, it was fancy wine, a Cherry I made back in 2004. I haven't bought wine in 20 years. I much prefer the good stuff, not the storebought stuff. LOL

15. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    Tom my friend, it sounds like ya got it figured out. Everything but the livers.:confused2: I'm a gizzard kinda guy myself and never cared for wine. Homemade or otherwise. Cher use to drink wine but i'm more into the hops/barley beverages.:wink:

16. CuzICan

CuzICan New Member

State:
    Fayetteville, A
    Used to (25 years ago) is the operative words, I don't drink at all anymore.

17. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    You mean, gulp, you look at John when your sober?:wink:

18. CuzICan

CuzICan New Member

State:
    Fayetteville, A
    Yes I just don't wear my glasses when I do.

I ain't MADE like other people I guess I just don't have any sense when I drink, not a lick of sense! heck you see how I am in here and I'M SOBER.

19. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Your all right sis . I don't care what the others (John) says. LOL