Life change

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by r ward, Oct 21, 2009.

1. r ward

r ward New Member

State:
    Kathleen G
    Well I had to go for a DOT physical this morning everything looked good then
    They did the BP 180 over 100 everyone started asking if I was on meds for it no I was never diagnosed with this after about 45 minutes of rest it was down to 151 over78 so I got a one year card and was told to find a Dr. and get it under control so I guess I got to darn old age is catching me:tounge_out:

2. bedbug jr

bedbug jr New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Every time I go to the doctor's office the nurse takes my BP and it runs a little high. He comes in 5 minutes later and takes it again and it's right on the money. He says it's just anxiety. Stay safe and best of luck to you!!!:wink:

3. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    I'm the same way Larry. They call it the white coat syndrom. :smile2:

4. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.

Richard, like you I don't take no meds for BP,but last time I had my DOT Phys mine was high also.Like u retook it and it was fine.I was lucky I got the 2 yr card It's not old age it called nerves..Can't be old age, good grief I'm only 65.:wink::smile2:

5. Mr. Foster

Mr. Foster New Member

State:
    Kansas
    I have the same problem with anxiety too.

6. SouthGADan

SouthGADan New Member

State:
    Lyons, GA
    That's odd; be careful about it though.

My grandpa, who is helplessly paranoid about stuff, checks my grandma's BP all the time (she's had a few seizures before). One time, he checked it, and it was fine, so he checked it again. Eventually, he kept checking it until they got worried about it and it got higher. :eek:oooh:

7. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    Some young people have high blood pressure. Some old people like myself people have normal blood pressure. :wink:

My son in law found he had high blood pressure when taking DOT physical many years ago when he was much younger.

I think it's best to take your own blood pressure at home. To get a true reading, take it at about 3 different times of the day. Of course that won't help you on the DOT physical.

Mine is sometimes a little high at the doctors office but usually normal at home.

Good luck with getting it down.