Liddell vs. Evans UFC 88

Discussion in 'UFC, Boxing, Wrestling, etc.' started by Philiagorillia, Jun 19, 2008.

1. Philiagorillia

Philiagorillia New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Looks like they are still gonna fight, its gonna be Sept 6th in Atlanta, nobody else is on the card yet.

2. River_monster91

River_monster91 New Member

State:
    central kansas
    liddell is gonna ROCK HIS DOME!!! isnt rashad evans still undefeated though? anyway i think liddell is gonna win but evans is pretty dang good.

3. Philiagorillia

State:
    Missouri
    Yeah Evans is undefeated with one draw, i hope we get to see the old iceman we all know so well come back and serve Evans his first loss with a big KO from the iceman.

4. MSgtCatfish

MSgtCatfish New Member

State:
    Alabama

Yeah, that's just it. Which Iceman:cool2: is gonna show? I've only been impressed with Evans a few times, I just think his first fights were against slugs, and man he has gotten lucky on some of his bigger fights, of course luck is all part of it.

Should be a good fight, if the Iceman:cool2: that showed up for the Rampage fight doesn't show up!

5. zeboman

zeboman New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    In his past fights Evans has been hit fairly easy , can he take a shot from
    Chuck ??? Can Chuck keep it off the ground ???? Time will tell , I can`t wait!!!!

LET`S GO CHUCK !!!!

6. bw69r

bw69r Well-Known Member

State:
    West Newton, PA
    evans is a boring fighter just like koscheck. they win but all they do for the most part is take opponent down and stay there. they win fights this way but it is so boring to watch. i hope chuck knocks him out .

7. derbycitycatman

derbycitycatman Well-Known Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Name:
    your first name
    I think evans will have a hard time taking chuck down and i dont think he has the power to knock him out like rampage did. Im looking for chuck to get back in form.

8. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    I agree. Evans is a pretty good wrestler and a somewhat decent striker. I dont mind watching him fight but I just dont want to pay for it.

9. MSgtCatfish

MSgtCatfish New Member

State:
    Alabama
    Flatheadhunter,

The correct way is in my signature. I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S.

Ammo not ordnance hooooooaa!:wink: LOL!

What's the DODIC for .50 cal 4-1?

10. Philiagorillia

State:
    Missouri

If you go back and rewatch that fight, rampage never knocked out chuck. If you watch closley you can see that he is sitting there with his eyes open and alert. Yeah he got knocked silly, but not KO'ed.

11. DJH1

DJH1 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Rashad Evans is gonna take a beatdown. He's a good wrestler, but not good enough to take chuck down consistently. Liddel takes this one by ref stoppage.....

12. kat in the hat

kat in the hat New Member

State:
    Missouri
  13. KC Jayhawk 78

KC Jayhawk 78 New Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    Chuck still has the best takedown defense in the game. Rashad cant stand with him. Ill take Chuck 2nd rd. brutal knockout. Jardine had the good gameplan when he beat chuck, but if they ever fight again, I bet chuck would rock him. :big_smile:

14. ratkinson

ratkinson New Member

State:
    NY
    I've been a huge chuck fan. I'm a getting a Tyson vibe off him now. For a long time you just knew he was gonna turn the lights out on his opponent.
    Now it seems he may have forgotten how to bring "Bad Chuck" out to play.

15. derbycitycatman

derbycitycatman Well-Known Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Name:
    your first name
    One think I noticed about Chuck is he seems to keep his hands down way too often. When he caught caught by Rampage his hands were down. Im not saying he would have won but I think thats a reason he got caught so quickly. Could it be over for Chuck like it seems its over for Hughes and Shamrock? It seems like in MMA you lose a few its hard to get your game back. Have they lost a step?

16. ratkinson

ratkinson New Member

State:
    NY

He does keep those hands dangerously low. It i s sad to see the great ones fall from the top. There are so many young, hungry, guys in the game, that if you loose even a speck of your resolve to be the best, or make the mistake of underestimating your oponent you are done. I think the majority of them make enough of a mark on the sport to be remembered, but, as with all things time takes it's toll.

17. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    You guys all gotta remember that Chuck really came through when he got the win over Wanderlei Silva. Even though that fight should have happened long before it finally did, Wanderlei was in good form that night and Chuck still beat him.

MSgtCatfish, I dont get to mess with anything that small...if it aint 25mm, I dont see it:smile2::wink:...good to have a brother on here!

18. derail

derail New Member

State:
    kansas
    As long as Chuck's head is right, and he comes in with a chip on his shoulder again, he'll be alright.

19. Moonlightn

Moonlightn New Member

State:
    California
  20. FREESPOOL

FREESPOOL New Member

State:
    Edwardsville, Illinois
    That is funny. I'm sure the host was thinking "this is what happens when you get hit in the head one to many times." :smile2::smile2: