Liddell vs. Evans, St.Pierre vs Serra, Silva vs Jardine

Discussion in 'UFC, Boxing, Wrestling, etc.' started by Philiagorillia, Mar 10, 2008.

1. Philiagorillia

Philiagorillia New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Liddell vs. Evans, St.Pierre vs Serra, Silva vs Jardine, Ortiz vs Machida.

Holy smokes, what a line up we have over the next month or two. My choices to win are Liddell, St.Pierre, Silva, Machida. Im hoping to see a big knockout from the iceman, a severe beating handed out by St.Pierre, An arsenal of knees and strikes from Silva and a good technical but quick submission handed out by Machida. The only other fight i cant wait to see this year is gonna be Forrest Griffen and Quinten Jackson!!!

2. DJH1

DJH1 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I agree with you on all four of those. And I'll add that I think St. Pierre is going to rip Matt Serra's head off:crazy:

3. zeboman

zeboman New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    I agree with your picks but the only thing predictable about these fights is they`re unpredictable sometimes.

4. Philiagorillia

State:
    Missouri
    Very true but i have alot of faith in all of them, I've based my own training on chuck and wand's, i've always admired them in the fight world.

5. Philiagorillia

State:
    Missouri
    I agree, he totally wasted hughes the last time the fought, he is gonna be one of UFC's greats here shortly and will dominate his class for a very long time!

6. derbycitycatman

derbycitycatman Well-Known Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Name:
    your first name
    I have no idea who is going to win those fights but they look very entertaining. Things could get ugly for Forrest though, Rampage is one tough dude.

7. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    Forrest is alot tougher than I used to give him credit for. After the fight with Shogun though, I have to admit that he's really good! I used to think that his claim to fame was his fight with Stephen Bonner but he has grown big time in terms of his stand up as well as ground work. It will be a good fight with Rampage.

8. Philiagorillia

State:
    Missouri

Forrest will outlast rampage in endurance any day, he is an endurance monster, i've seen alot of his training and its nothing like rampages, and from what i have seen of rampage over the last few years, he better come in with some heavy strikes and hopes he ko's forrest or he is gonna get spanked. I have alot of faith in forrest, also, wand is looking for a title shot as well, maybe we'll see him take on rampage this year for the belt! But we all know and its quite obvious that forrest will have the first title shot, its gonna be a hella of a fight, that forsure! Im looking foreward to seeing chuck get a chance to get his belt back too!

9. thebig1

thebig1 New Member

State:
    kansas
    never bn a fan of eveans but i got to give him a little credit for his fight against tito. I believe in chuck tho and i like the picks u have. im likin the line ups:big_smile:

10. MattShannon

MattShannon New Member

State:
    WV
    I think Evans will take Liddell, like he did Jardine. Serra won't get so lucky this time. Silva will prove he's still got it. Machida should win this one. Rampage over Griffin for sure. Anything can happen, I guess we'll see.

11. Flatheadhunter33

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    I agree on the cardio advantage that Forrest might have...you never know. I have to go with the records though. Rampage has fought and beat the best in the business! He beat Chuck twice, Henderson and he beat Matt Lindland (who in my opinion is the best 185'er pound for pound) in another league...if Rampage comes in shape, he'll get the win Im thinking.

12. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    man any dates on these?? all good ones. liddel and st p, for sure. man the georges is a well rounded fighter. matt hughes didnt stand a chance last time. HE WAS OWNED!:big_smile:

13. Flatheadhunter33

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    Yeah, GSP kicked Hughe's butt pretty good! I still would rather have watched Hughes and Serra go at it since they have both trash talked eachother so much!

14. Flatheadhunter33

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    GSP and Serra will fight April 19th

Evans and Lidell will fight June 7th

and the fight I want to see...Bj Penn and Sherk will fight May 24th!

Also Franklin will fight Travis Lutter soon along with Lauzon fighting Ken Flo.

15. zeboman

zeboman New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    Forrest is also hard to hurt,he just doesn`t quit.I think Forrest will win with better striking,conditioning ,and heart.