Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Liddell vs. Evans, St.Pierre vs Serra, Silva vs Jardine, Ortiz vs Machida.

Holy smokes, what a line up we have over the next month or two. My choices to win are Liddell, St.Pierre, Silva, Machida. Im hoping to see a big knockout from the iceman, a severe beating handed out by St.Pierre, An arsenal of knees and strikes from Silva and a good technical but quick submission handed out by Machida. The only other fight i cant wait to see this year is gonna be Forrest Griffen and Quinten Jackson!!!

·
Registered
3,763 Posts
I have no idea who is going to win those fights but they look very entertaining. Things could get ugly for Forrest though, Rampage is one tough dude.
Forrest is alot tougher than I used to give him credit for. After the fight with Shogun though, I have to admit that he's really good! I used to think that his claim to fame was his fight with Stephen Bonner but he has grown big time in terms of his stand up as well as ground work. It will be a good fight with Rampage.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Forrest is alot tougher than I used to give him credit for. After the fight with Shogun though, I have to admit that he's really good! I used to think that his claim to fame was his fight with Stephen Bonner but he has grown big time in terms of his stand up as well as ground work. It will be a good fight with Rampage.

Forrest will outlast rampage in endurance any day, he is an endurance monster, i've seen alot of his training and its nothing like rampages, and from what i have seen of rampage over the last few years, he better come in with some heavy strikes and hopes he ko's forrest or he is gonna get spanked. I have alot of faith in forrest, also, wand is looking for a title shot as well, maybe we'll see him take on rampage this year for the belt! But we all know and its quite obvious that forrest will have the first title shot, its gonna be a hella of a fight, that forsure! Im looking foreward to seeing chuck get a chance to get his belt back too!

·
Registered
16 Posts
never bn a fan of eveans but i got to give him a little credit for his fight against tito. I believe in chuck tho and i like the picks u have. im likin the line ups:big_smile:

·
Registered
824 Posts
I think Evans will take Liddell, like he did Jardine. Serra won't get so lucky this time. Silva will prove he's still got it. Machida should win this one. Rampage over Griffin for sure. Anything can happen, I guess we'll see.

·
Registered
3,763 Posts
Forrest will outlast rampage in endurance any day, he is an endurance monster, i've seen alot of his training and its nothing like rampages, and from what i have seen of rampage over the last few years, he better come in with some heavy strikes and hopes he ko's forrest or he is gonna get spanked. I have alot of faith in forrest, also, wand is looking for a title shot as well, maybe we'll see him take on rampage this year for the belt! But we all know and its quite obvious that forrest will have the first title shot, its gonna be a hella of a fight, that forsure! Im looking foreward to seeing chuck get a chance to get his belt back too!
I agree on the cardio advantage that Forrest might have...you never know. I have to go with the records though. Rampage has fought and beat the best in the business! He beat Chuck twice, Henderson and he beat Matt Lindland (who in my opinion is the best 185'er pound for pound) in another league...if Rampage comes in shape, he'll get the win Im thinking.

·
Registered
9,813 Posts
man any dates on these?? all good ones. liddel and st p, for sure. man the georges is a well rounded fighter. matt hughes didnt stand a chance last time. HE WAS OWNED!:big_smile:

·
Registered
3,763 Posts
man any dates on these?? all good ones. liddel and st p, for sure. man the georges is a well rounded fighter. matt hughes didnt stand a chance last time. HE WAS OWNED!:big_smile:
Yeah, GSP kicked Hughe's butt pretty good! I still would rather have watched Hughes and Serra go at it since they have both trash talked eachother so much!

·
Registered
2,883 Posts
Forrest is also hard to hurt,he just doesn`t quit.I think Forrest will win with better striking,conditioning ,and heart.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.