Licking River

Discussion in 'OHIO RIVERS TALK' started by wild woody, Feb 27, 2009.

1. wild woody

wild woody New Member

State:
    ohio
    Does anyone fish the licking river near route 146. On both sides of the road near the bridge there are places to park. If you drive down the concrete area to park - my brother does real well there for catfish. I prefer to fish off the rock on the other side. Some folks drive to the area under the bridge but it's real shallow. I know there is another road to drive back but the game warden says it's not real safe (crime). We don't fish any of that area at night! Day time is good and I never go alone.

2. smoothkip25

smoothkip25 New Member

State:
    ohio
    Yeah I would be afraid of running into one of them Zanesville Guys also!:smile2::smile2::smile2:

3. RIVERRUNT

RIVERRUNT Member

State:
    reynoldsburg ohio
    Ill have to try that sometime.Didnt you know the trolls from zanesville live under the bridge?

4. wild woody

wild woody New Member

State:
    ohio

I think most of the trolls are under the 6th street bridge??

Seriously though my brother has gotten some real nice cats from the one side of the river. Like I said it's a dead end paved road (if you call it a road) and he fishes just over a rock type area. Depends on water level as to if that rock is visible.

5. jerryb

jerryb New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I've fished the backwaters of Dillon, but haven't gone up the Licking yet.... think I know where you're talking about - will have to give it a shot...

6. wild woody

wild woody New Member

State:
    ohio
    It's near the old falls store. (right on the corner) I can't think of the name of the road that follows the river. a short cut from west main to route 146. I think it's called licking rd.

I also meant to say the trolls are under the y bridge not 6th street. lol. maybe both. :roll_eyes:

7. jerryb

jerryb New Member

State:
    Ohio
    ahhh, I know where you're talking about - I was headed the wrong way! lol

8. BG CAT

BG CAT New Member

State:
    Westerville OH
    There is a nice 13 foot hole below a riffle and with some timber in the hole, about a 1/2 mile before it runs into the Muskingum River (Y Bridge). I see people walk down to this big rock out crop and fish off of the bank. Ive caught some 15lb flatheads down there, but nothing real big. Hope this helps.