Licking river (dillon tailrace)

Discussion in 'OHIO RIVERS TALK' started by tspergin, Aug 16, 2005.

1. tspergin

tspergin New Member

State:
    newark ohio
    anyone fishing the licking river between dillon dam and the muskingnum river

2. BassMassey

BassMassey Well-Known Member

State:
    Oconee
    ive had great luck at the spillway around the begining of the month , then i moved to atlanta, no biguns down here yet.......i think i got the best spot on the spillway but its a hell of a walk....i walk up n around to the other side, down on the rocks and then all the way back to the highwall there is a relatively flat rock down there, cast about 5 foot out and thats the sweet spot it seems like............i dont know if that rock is usually under water since the water has been so low lately......does anyone know the spot im talking about???

3. maddcatter

maddcatter New Member

State:
    Newark, Oh
    Hey Tony, I don't know of any good spots, but I have heard of some nice fish coming out of that stretch.

4. BassMassey

State:
    Oconee
    i cant wait to fish the spillway next summer.....i cant catch a fish down here in ga worthy of a profile pic.........but next time i visit ohio i should have a few pics to download to the site......

5. Desperado

Desperado Active Member

State:
    Pataskala, Ohio
    Name:
    Clarence
    Just download your pretty face...LOL ;)

6. BassMassey

State:
    Oconee
    i would but no digital camera..........and im not gonna buy a disposable cam just for my profile unless there is a fish in it......lol

7. jason454ci

jason454ci Active Member

State:
    Zanesville, Ohi
    Went to dillon spillway for a couple hours today. Had two hits and that was it. I don't think they will be hitting in there until after they get done fixing the ramp. The water has been coming out the discharge extremely fast at times in the last few weeks.

8. RamRod

RamRod New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Nice to see someone is getting out there! Keep us posted.

9. BassMassey

State:
    Oconee
    whats going on with the spillway?? will it be fixed by july??

10. jason454ci

jason454ci Active Member

State:
    Zanesville, Ohi
    They were doing work to the boat ramps in the lake. They have the spillway shut way down and are filling the lake back up now.

11. RamRod

RamRod New Member

State:
    Ohio
    That's awesome news!!!

12. s_man

s_man New Member

State:
    south east ohio
    I read in this weeks outdoor news that the repairs to the marina docks and the boat launch will only take a couple to 3 weeks. Right now the water level is supposed to be 9ft lower than normal summer pool. I drove around the north end today and its high and dry. Just a shallow trickle from the licking pouring in. Wish they would use this draw down to dredge the upper portion.

13. jason454ci

jason454ci Active Member

State:
    Zanesville, Ohi
    If you think it looks high and dry now you should have seen it last week. It was five feet lower then it is now. Today it is back up to normal winter level. Three feet more and it will be at summer pool. Which should take about three days at the rate it is filling now.