License question

Discussion in 'LOCAL ALABAMA TALK' started by Mike81, Jun 7, 2008.

1. Mike81

Mike81 Well-Known Member

State:
    Alabama
    Anybody know what's the deal with the license change this year. I purchased my license last year at this time and it just expired. So now when I am trying to buy a new license online it will only be good until 31 Aug?? Call me crazy but we are gettin screwed here having to buy 2 licenses in the same year?? Or is my license that just expired now good until 31 Aug?? Can't get ahold of any conservation dept on the weekend so just thought I'd see if anyone knows the answer to this.

2. MSgtCatfish

MSgtCatfish New Member

State:
    Alabama
    Yeah, good question Mike. I know some states like SC have their license expire in June, no matter when you purchase them, hopefully Bama isn't going that route - it's definitely a money making scheme for the state. Let me know if you find anything out before I do, mine are still good for 5 months or so.

3. Mike81

Mike81 Well-Known Member

State:
    Alabama
    Yep, all AL licenses now expire 31 Aug regardless of purchase date. They have always done it with the hunting but the fishing was a year from purchase, seems like a bad deal for those who have a fishing license that expires now under the old rules. I for some reason bought them seperate last year instead of a combo.

4. catman4926

catman4926 New Member

State:
    Texas
    MIKE,
    I HAVE TALKED TO THEM IN MONTGOMERY AND I THINK THEY WERE GIVING YOU A FREE MO. THAT WAS THE LAST I HEARD, BUT CALL THEM MONDAY MORNING. I HAVE A LIFE TIME SO IT DOES MATTER TO ME. BUT BE SURE TO CALL THEM AND THERE WERE ALSO SAYING IT MIGHT BE PRORATED BUT THEY ALSO TOLD ME THAT WALMART WOULD NOT DO THAT SO IT'S ??????? THE RIGHT HAND DOES NOT KNOW WHAT THE LRFT IS DOING THAT'S GOVT. FOR YOU :0a26:

5. Mike81

Mike81 Well-Known Member

State:
    Alabama
    Thanks Harold, yeh it only makes sense that if they change the law they should just let the licenses from last year expire on the new date and not charge those affected double, or at least prorate it. I'll call DNR tomorrow...

6. fugeman

fugeman New Member

State:
    ALABAMA
    It Sux!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. Mike81

Mike81 Well-Known Member

State:
    Alabama
    Yep, I talked to DNR license section, no prorate, no extension... if you need a license now it's only good until Aug 31, then you gotta buy another. I know it's only $12 but someones making a buttload of money for all the folks they caught with their change....they new what they were doing....