License prices went up!

Discussion in 'LOCAL GEORGIA TALK' started by Cuda-Cada, Jul 6, 2009.

1. Cuda-Cada

Cuda-Cada Member

State:
    Jacksonville, Fl.
    1st trip to the Altamaha this coming weekend and realized that my license had expired. Call to the Altamaha Park and she said you had to call a number now. Called to order a non-resident year license, somewhere in Maryland, and the price had went up 21 dollars over last year. Also had to pay a $4.00 "convenience" fee. Really don't mind paying the extra, just hope it benefits the Georgia outdoors.

2. Fishmaster1203

Fishmaster1203 New Member

State:
    PA
    :smile2::smile2::smile2:

3. macdaddy

macdaddy New Member

State:
    GEORGIA
    $4.00 "convenience" fee What A joke!!!! Im sure the Georgia outdoorsman Fisher or hunter will never see it. Glad I got a lifetime license about 10 years ago for me and my 2 year old son back then>>>>>Its paid for it self >>>

4. r ward

r ward New Member

State:
    Kathleen G
    You know the other day I got my license on line and I got to say that it is no convience [sp] to me you go on line give them your info then wait for the mail to bring you your license compared to go to store order your licence then take it home hmmm and for the convience of not going to the store and putting my license in my pocket I got to pay extra MAN

5. Fivebraids

Fivebraids New Member

State:
    Georgia
    Richard,

When Denise and I get our licenses online, we're presented with a PDF file that *IS* our license. We can scale it to the size of a credit card, print it, and then laminate it with some clear packing tape.

Pretty convenient for us...unless they've changed things...again :confused2:
    - Marty -

6. Jighead07

Jighead07 New Member

State:
    Georgia
    What I don't understand is why take revenue out of the state to allow a Maryland bank to do the processing. If I have to pay an xtra 4 dollars, I had rather see it stay in state and benefit the people here.

7. r ward

r ward New Member

State:
    Kathleen G
    AMEN you said a mothful

8. bluehunter

bluehunter New Member

State:
    Los Angele
    That unusual paying a convenience fee. I hope the Ga license is not as high as it is in my state. To get all the stamps I need with it like a two rod stamp, ocean enhancement, and colorado river stamp. The license come to be in the 70 dollar range almost. How much is a Ga license for an out of state person. I visit there all the time and want to venture out from the ponds my family takes me too.

9. doodlebug188

doodlebug188 New Member

State:
    ga.
    i dont mind the higher fee if they put it in our rivers to make them better.:0a23:

10. BassMassey

BassMassey Well-Known Member

State:
    Oconee
    where in ga do you visit bluehunter? I'm not sure on non-resident cost for GA....most states it's around 40 for an annual non-resident......I think georgia is lower then most states though.........I paid 9 dollars for my resident liscense last year.

11. bluehunter

bluehunter New Member

State:
    Los Angele
    Hawkinsville and Cochran for the most part. Also soperton and Swainsboro. Macon and Atlanta. These are the areas that most of my relatives in Ga live at. But I am willing to drive there for good fishing. That is no issue with me. Flatheads and blues are my primary targets.

12. BassMassey

BassMassey Well-Known Member

State:
    Oconee
    well give us a shout when you head this way bluehunter......we have blues and flatheads in ga, and if we ain't fishin for them we're fishin for bait.....

13. bluehunter

bluehunter New Member

State:
    Los Angele
    That sounds awesome I normally go there twice a year if not once. My son is right now visiting grandma in Cochran until school starts back in Ca So I will definitely hit up while I am down there.