License Fees

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by DIESELkat, Oct 5, 2008.

1. DIESELkat

DIESELkat New Member

State:
    PA
    I was curious as to what a hunting license costs for residents and non-residents in other states and how you feel about the price of licenses, and opportunity for the price you have in your state.

Here is the breakdown for licenses in PA:

Resident Adult: $20
    Resident Junior (12-16): $6
    Resident Senior (65+): $13
    Non-resident Adult: $101
    Non-resident Junior: $41
    Resident archery stamp: $16
    Non-resident archery stamp: $26
    Resident muzzleloader stamp: $11
    Non-resident muzzleloader stamp: $21
    Resident bear stamp: $16
    Non-resident bear stamp: $36
    Resident elk (lottery drawing): $25
    Non-resident elk (lottery drawing): $250
    Resident adult furtaker: $20
    Non-resident adult furtaker: $81
    Resident junior furtaker: $6
    Non-resident junior furtaker: $41

It has been a pretty heated debate over the last few years as to the price of a license here. With all the options that we have here, I feel our fees are pretty good. We have the only self-sustained wild elk population East of the Mississippi, top notch bear hunting with 600 and 700+ pound bears being taken every year, excellent turkey hunting, and more and more great bucks being taken each year. For the money I think that we have it pretty good here. What are your thoughts?

2. Txbluecatman

Txbluecatman Member

State:
    Texas
    Our prices are getting a little steep here, but you gotta pay to play. Heres the list

101 Resident Hunting RESIDENT $23.00
    102 Senior Resident Hunting RESIDENT $6.00
    105 General Non-Resident Hunting NON-RESIDENT $300.00
    106 Resident Trapper's RESIDENT $18.00
    107 Non-Resident Special Hunting NON-RESIDENT $125.00
    111 Super Combo Package RESIDENT $64.00
    115 Non-Resident Trapper NON-RESIDENT $300.00
    117 Res Sr Super Combo Package RESIDENT $30.00
    118 Non-Resident Spring Turkey Hunting NON-RESIDENT $120.00
    120 Non-Resident Banded Bird Hunting NON-RESIDENT $25.00
    132 Hunting Lease (Small) RESIDENT AND NON-RESIDENT $75.00
    133 Hunting Lease (Medium) RESIDENT AND NON-RESIDENT $140.00
    134 Hunting Lease (Large) RESIDENT AND NON-RESIDENT $240.00
    135 Archery Hunting Stamp RESIDENT AND NON-RESIDENT $7.00
    137 HIP Certification RESIDENT AND NON-RESIDENT $-
    148 Alligator Import Permit RESIDENT AND NON-RESIDENT $100.00
    150 State Park Standby Hunting Permit Exempt RESIDENT AND NON-RESIDENT $-
    157 Non-Resident Five-Day Special Hunting NON-RESIDENT $45.00
    160 WMA Standby Hunting Permit Exempt RESIDENT AND NON-RESIDENT $-
    161 WMA Standby Hunting Permit ($75) RESIDENT AND NON-RESIDENT $75.00
    163 State Park Standby Hunting Permit ($75) RESIDENT AND NON-RESIDENT $75.00
    166 Deferred Hunter Education Option RESIDENT AND NON-RESIDENT $10.00
    167 Upland Game Bird Stamp RESIDENT AND NON-RESIDENT $7.00
    168 Migratory Game Bird Stamp RESIDENT AND NON-RESIDENT $7.00
    169 Youth Hunting License RESIDENT AND NON-RESIDENT $6.00
    173 Annual Public Hunting Permit RESIDENT AND NON-RESIDENT $48.00
    175 Limited Public Use Permit RESIDENT AND NON-RESIDENT $12.00
    177 WMA Standby Hunting Permit ($125) RESIDENT AND NON-RESIDENT $125.00
    199 State Park Standby Hunting Permit ($125) RESIDENT AND NON-RESIDENT $125.00

3. DIESELkat

DIESELkat New Member

State:
    PA
    Thanks for the info John. I usually end up spending about $100 on a license after its all said and done with the general tag, archery, muzzleloader, furtaker, migratory bird stamp, duck stamp, and a couple doe tags. When you stop and think about it, for the price of 2 nice dinners at a restraunt, I can hunt all year. Or to put it better, for the price of 3/4 of a tank of fuel for my truck, I have the ability to go out and enjoy the outdoors.:roll_eyes:

4. Txbluecatman

Txbluecatman Member

State:
    Texas
    This year I think I spent around $65 for my license. Thats the resident super combo all water package. Here is the excert from TPW explaining what it covers......

"The “Super Combo” includes a Resident Hunting License, a Resident Fishing License and all 5 state stamp endorsements (archery, freshwater fishing, saltwater fishing with a red drum tag, upland game bird, and migratory game bird) at a discount price. For residents who hunt and fish fresh water and/or salt water, the “Super Combo” package can save purchasers up to $18. The Federal Waterfowl Stamp is not included."

5. Grimpuppy

Grimpuppy New Member

State:
    Concordia, KS
    Kansas:

resident adult: $20.50
    Members of Kansas Army National Guard: Free
    resident under 16: Free
    Nonresident: $72.50
    Nonresident under 16: $37.50
    Lifetime Hunting License (resident only): $442.50
    resident deer tag (either sex): $32.50 -This is your buck tag only 1 per year
    resident anterless: $17.50 - Can buy 4 of these tags
    Resident deer tags are bought over the counter

Nonresident either sex: $322.50 - by lottery

You must buy a either sex tag before you can buy an anterless.

6. lance

lance New Member

State:
    kentucky
    If I remember correctly KY resident and 2deer tags were about 50.00 dollars . I think Out of State was 125.00 or 150.00 for the same .There are also quota hunts for deer, pheasants, and ELK .From what I understand the elk herd is one of the largest in eastern US .I won't need a license this year I have my own property to hunt . One buck limit unless drawn for a quota hunt . I think the license is expensive but.. I realize this money is suppose to pay game wardens and such . I won't go into further detail about that . Good Luck to all this season ! Make the money you spend worth it one way or another .Legally .

7. switchback

switchback New Member

State:
    Illinois
    resident hunting 7.50
    residentsenior 4.00
    resident apprentice hunting 7.50
    resident sportsportsman hunt and fish 19.25
    senior sportsman 10.00
    lifetime hunting 210.00
    lifetimes sportsman 555.00
    resident archery combo 1either sex and 1 doe only 26.00
    resident archery doe only 15.50 i am pretty sure i can buy as many of these as i want
    resident fall archery turkey 5.50
    habitat stamp (must have or cant hunt) 5.50 resident and nonresident
    state waterfowl stamp 10.50
    federal waterfowl stamp 15.00
    non resident 5 day license 28.75 plus habitat of 5.50
    non resedent regular 50.75 plus habitat of 5.50
    non resident archery tags combo of 1 either sex and 1doe only 401.00
    non resident archery doe only 15.50
    nonresident archery turkey fall 75.50 you can keep the turkey it aint worth 75 bucks
    resident firearms deer tags 15.00 ea no matter what only 2 bucks total for year
    resident spring turkey 15.00
    nonresident firearm tag antlerless 15.00 either sex 300.00
    nonresident muzzleloader antlerless 15.00 either sex 250.00
    nonresident landowner (40 +acres) archery your property only 200.00 this is a combo either sex and antlerless
    nonresident landowner (40+acres) firearm your property only 150.00either sex antlerless 15.00
    nonresident turkey spring firearm 125.00
    nonresident landowner 37.50
    nonresident fall firearm turkey 125.00
    nonresident fall landowner firearm turkey 37.50
    nonresident fall landowner archery turkey 25.00

8. switchback

switchback New Member

State:
    Illinois
    welll i think it bull sh!!!!!!t that it costs more for outof staters to come in here and kill a deer or turkey than it does me to go to PA and hunt bear and elk. All i can say is if i didnt live here and was going to hunt in a different state it would NOT be Illinois that is retarded for our prices to be so steep on out of staters All i can say is SORRY cause its not fair for you guys in other states when its cheaper for me to hunt there hell its almost as cheap for me to hunt another state as it is my own

9. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    This is Arkansas cost for license.

Cost
    License
    Description
    $25.00 ​
    Resident Sportsman’s License
    Entitles the holder to hunt all game species using modern gun, muzzleloader or archery, and to take a total bag limit of deer. Valid through June 30. Four deer tags and four turkey tags are included with this license.
    $10.50 ​
    Resident Wildlife Conservation License
    Entitles the holder to hunt furbearers, migratory birds, quail, rabbit and squirrel and to take one deer using modern gun. Valid through June 30. One deer tag is included with this license.
    $300.00 ​
    Nonresident Annual All Game
    Hunting License (NBG)
    Entitles the holder to hunt all game species except furbearers. Valid through June 30. Four deer tags and four turkey tags are included with this license.
    $150.00 ​
    Nonresident 5-Day All Game
    Hunting License
    Entitles the holder to hunt all game species except furbearers for the five-day period specified. Two deer tags and two turkey tags are included with this license.
    $100.00 ​
    Nonresident 3-Day All Game
    Hunting License
    Entitles the holder to hunt all game species except furbearers for the three-day period specified. One deer tag and one turkey tag are included with this license.
    $80.00 ​
    Nonresident Annual Small Game Hunting License
    Entitles the holder to hunt migratory birds, quail, rabbit and squirrels. Valid one year from date of purchase.
    $55.00 ​
    Nonresident 5-Day Small Game Hunting License
    Entitles the holder to hunt migratory birds, quail, rabbit and squirrel for the five-day period specified.
    $125.00 ​
    Nonresident Fur Taker’s Permit
    Entitles a holder of a nonresident hunting license to hunt and trap furbearers. Valid through June 30. Nonresident youths under 16 must purchase this permit plus a nonresident hunting license to hunt or trap furbearers.

10. riverdawg-1

riverdawg-1 New Member

State:
    salem, va
    in va big game, 6 deer tags, 3 turkey, 1 bear, $18.50
    archery 18.50
    muzzleloasder 18.50
    regular license 18.50
    crossbow 18.50
    national forest 3.50
    can also buy as many doe tags as you want for 18.50 for every 2 deer.

11. DIESELkat

DIESELkat New Member

State:
    PA
    Nathan, when was the last time you guys got an increase in your fees? Im guessing your state decided that since there is such a chance for a book buck, with pike county all the rage, that people will pay it no matter the cost. And they will. That is just a guess, but it doesnt seem that there is any shortage of non-residents heading in to hunt your state.

12. jason454ci

jason454ci Active Member

State:
    Zanesville, Ohi
    Here is Ohio's hunting fees.
    Seems kind of cheap for a non resident to come here and hunt deer compared to what it would cost me to go else where and hunt. Guess that's why we are seeing so many out of state hunters during deer season these days.

Hunting Resident Annual License $19
    Hunting Youth Annual License: Resident & Non-Resident $10
    Hunting Non-Resident Annual License $125
    Hunting Resident Reduced Cost Senior License $10
    Hunting Resident Free Senior License $0
    Hunting Non-Resident (Tourist) 3-day License: Not valid for deer, turkey or furbearers $40
    Apprentice Resident Annual License $19
    Apprentice Youth Annual License: Resident & Non-Resident $10
    Apprentice Non-Resident Annual License $125
    Ohio Wetlands Stamp Resident & Non-Resident Waterfowl License $15
    Ohio Wetlands Stamp Resident Reduced Cost Senior Waterfowl License $15
    Ohio Wetlands Stamp Resident Free Senior Waterfowl License $0

Deer Permit Cost
    Resident & Non-Resident Permit $24
    Youth Permit: Resident & Non-Resident $12
    Resident Reduced Cost Senior Permit $12
    Resident Free Senior Permit $0

13. switchback

switchback New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I agree justin but when i can go to other states and kill bears and elk cheaper than someone can come here and kill a whitetail to me it makes no since. And more than that what gets me is the price of a friggen turkey around my area we have so many there a nuisance and i for one hate them, but do spend the 5.50 for a fall archery tag. And the archery doe tags went up since last year, I believe. HUNTING IS SUPPOSED TO BE FUN NOT PUT YOU IN DEBT it would cost me at least 3500 bucks to go hadley creek outfitters in PIKE CO. Illinois just think what it would cost someone from out of state. And here you must have a foid card to buy guns and ammo, state law says that out of staters do not but guess what WAL MART the nations biggest and most common retailer dont listen to that and says that you do. While im on the money subject here while back i was watching a hunting show and they said that it was cheaper for US citizens to buy what they need and go to AFRICA and hunt than it is to go to colorado canada or alaska and hunt,,,,, to me thats not right JUST MY THOUGHTS Oh and another thing that ticks me off people from out of state and other counties get a better chance of drawing a tag to my county than i do dont get me wrong i think everybody has the right to hunt where they want and can afford to hunt but i think that the residents should get there tags first and after that its open but i have neighbors that havnt got tags but people from chicago and some out of staters got tags,, tell me would you like it if i came to your neck of the woods and got a tag and you didnt how would you feel?

14. rrssmith

rrssmith New Member

State:
    Bakersfield
    I would tell our out of state fee's but i'm from ca and our instate prices are too high