Lexington River Front Park

Discussion in 'MISSOURI RIVERS TALK' started by MiseryMike, Jul 21, 2009.

1. MiseryMike

MiseryMike New Member

State:
    Blue Springs
    Ok ive been pretty quite this week been debating on posting this or not. I Went Down to the river front park in Lexington Saturday afternoon after looking at the posted fishing spots by MDC in Ray county LMAO thats a joke dont waste ur time, A lot of that stuff is not fishable <only when rains come maybe>. So i scoped everything out at the boat ramp were i was going to fish. We headed back to richmond for dinner and then headed back to fish with my gf's cuz's finance we went to a point south of the ramp and got all setup and started fishing the current and the washout between us and the ramp with no luck, Where we were you could hear people <drinking> had nothing wrong with that at the time. So Around 11pm the rest of the bank fishermen Called it quits so we packed up and went to fish where they were since it was lighted and closer to the truck, I get all my stuff up the hill and i hear these girls Yelling this and that about thier baby daddy givein some other girl a hiky talkin all this noise and they were doing this within 50 feet of a guy who was camping/ Tryin to sleep in his tent. We get setup again start fishing get a fire going since it was gettin pretty cool out. I can hear people coming and going up in the parking lot. The people drinking were blasting music and droping beer bottles all over the place. The guy came out of his tent and walks down to the ramp he Obv been floating down river on a cannoe he looked and me and i looked at him and i knew he wanted us to get involed with these people he was a old white haired gentalmen. We Never did say somthing cause we were out number like 6 to 1 with no cell phone. I just felt so bad that these people were down there drinking carrying on right next to a man who is camping trying to enjoy his time on the river and he has to listen to stupid ass music being blasted, dumbass "adults" talking like they are in highschool droping glass bottle's pretty much acting like they own the damn place. Will i ever Go to Lexington river front park again most likely not. Just a Rant it pisses me off that people are down there to enjoy The river and you have to put up with that type of crap. ITS NOT A DAMN BAR PERIOD. :angry: its just been buggin me for days now so had to say something.

2. moriver

moriver New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I am with you all the way on this one for sure.........Gotta get a boat though. Its a great way to put some distance between you and the bottom feeders:angry_2:

3. rodenberg

rodenberg New Member

State:
    missouri
    I saw the old man float past waverly.

4. bedbug jr

bedbug jr New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Sometimes you just need a good 2 x heavy to even out the odds:wink: People who have not respect for themselves have no respect for others and that makes for a sad state of affairs. Stay safe and don't let a few spoil the whole barrel for you!!!

5. ozzyso44

ozzyso44 New Member

State:
    Smithville, Missouri
    Kinda ironic that one thread (Manny's) has the local police to much on the forceful side and you need them and they are not around. I hope your next trip is more enjoyable.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2009
  6. MiseryMike

MiseryMike New Member

State:
    Blue Springs
    My Gf Says she knows the people that were there. She Says that they always go down there and the lexington police dont do anything as long as everyone is 21 which is a bunch of bs. Dont Matter Tho ill just stick around my area and hang out at buffalo bridge :wink: I just felt bad for the old man trying to get rest. Takes a Big Pair to go down that river with a cannoe by yourself.

7. Blade4130

Blade4130 Well-Known Member

State:
    Independence MO
    It is and will unfortunatly be a party place. Many of vehicles have been broken into there over the years as well as more than a few fights and other shananagens. Head three miles up from there and there is a great place to fish from shore. You should give J hwy bridge on crooked river a try when the water is down or not flowing at Buffalo Bride.

8. MiseryMike

MiseryMike New Member

State:
    Blue Springs
    i think we went that way J highway takes u over crooked river and back to 13highway there in heniritta right? lol i dont spell so well :roll_eyes: i told mel we should pull off right there and fish there it looked pretty wide/deeper than buffalo bridge

9. Blade4130

Blade4130 Well-Known Member

State:
    Independence MO
    That would be it Mike:big_smile:

10. fishingbuddy4

fishingbuddy4 New Member

State:
    Warner Rob ga
    that is uncalled for mike ,but wouldnt let it turn you off the place,i have been going there for years and never seen that there,but i am out in the boat until daylight most of the time ,atleast they never have messed with my stuff, i garuntee you if that was going on and i was a cop i would setup a check point up by the sewer plant around midnight ,and they would learn real fast that they need to stay home and party.

11. Double L

Double L New Member

State:
    Mo
    that sucks!! I know how You feel, the bridge down by my house where we go fishing You cant even go down to on the weekends because there are so many people partying and drinking, leaving trash every where.
    My boys and I went down there the other day to look at the river after the rain and a truck passed us on the gravel road throwing gravel all over my car when we got to the bridge I told the (around 20 year old punk) that he was stupid for driving like that and he wouldnt be happy if he did that to me again, and then he threatend to shoot me, I told him he better pull his gun or get on down the road and he drove off.:angry: