Lexel sealent

Discussion in 'Boating' started by great pappy cat, Mar 25, 2009.

1. great pappy cat

great pappy cat Active Member

State:
    P.A
    Ive been replumbing my livewell. I bought Silicone II to seal everything up with. When I installed the through hull pump the instructions said not to use silicone. Last year I was given a product called lexel by the local marina too seal a void in a weld. It says right on the front of the container "better than silicone". After the job was completed I went to their site. Manufacturer recomends not submergeing for more than 7 days. I just wanted to see if anyone used this product. It looks like its goin to be miserable to remove and I may damage the pump removeing it. Would you leave it or redo it with 3M 4500 or 5200. Thank you in advance

2. metalman

metalman Well-Known Member

State:
    IN
    Name:
    Winston
    Joseph,
    Unless you plan to leave the boat in the water for long periods at a time I would leave it alone if it's working.
    Wow, wouldn't it be great to be worried that you might be fishing for seven days at a time:wink:
    ...W

3. cantstopgrandma

cantstopgrandma New Member

State:
    MD
    Lexel is some good stuff. We have used it at work on some stubborn leaks in the building where regular caulk didn't do the trick. As long as it isn't leaking i wouldn't worry about it. If or when it does leak then get it off and use 3m 4200 or 5200.

4. great pappy cat

great pappy cat Active Member

State:
    P.A
    Thanks guys, Ill leave it untill Im forced to fix it. Or next winter what ever comes 1st. Im ready to quit workin on my boat and get some fishing done.