lewisville

Discussion in 'TEXAS LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by kitty_lover, Jul 6, 2009.

1. kitty_lover

kitty_lover New Member

State:
    texas
    I just got back from a day on lake lewisville. Cats seem to have finished the spawn there so not as many cats close to shore, but they were biting great on chicken liver in about 6 foot of water. I fished by wading out up to 4 foot and casting out, but ended the day catching 17 cats between 16-25 inches long. I kept only a half dozen to eat for dinner and let the rest go.My 11 year old daughter caught a 6 pounder 22 inches long..her personal best. The cats just come right to the top of the water and roll over...never seen that before. Anyway, i just thought i would share the word.

Attached Files:

• 064.jpg
      064.jpg
      File size:
      17.8 KB
      Views:
  2. recordbreakin1

recordbreakin1 New Member

State:
    texas
    Sounds like you guys had a good time.Around what area are you guys fishing.Last time I went there we kept getting snagged up some much I finaly left.

3. kitty_lover

kitty_lover New Member

State:
    texas
    I fish at eldorado pkwy and Lewis rd... there is a bridge that goes over the lake on eldorado. just before you cross at the south end there is an area on the west side of the rd where you can park and go over the rail. it goes out into a cove. we take a small 2 man boat out there and hit that cove as well as the next one to the north west. We usually get out and wade out just above the waist and hit the holes out where you can see the tops of the brush..about 6 feet of water. always catch a limit. hope that helps!