Lewisville Barge

Discussion in 'LOCAL TEXAS TALK' started by Catfishmomma, Aug 26, 2006.

1. Catfishmomma

Catfishmomma New Member

State:
    Irving, Texas
    :big_smile:
    Hey Everyone!
    It's been awhile since I've been here. Lots of things happen during the summer for me. But glad I'm back. About two weekends ago I went to the barge and I could not believe how much the lake has gone down from there! I only caught one cat and was lucky to get that. It seems that the fish have gone into deeper waters over there. Sigh. I go during the night, because of this heat, I can't take it, makes me sick. Has anyone else been there?

I also just wanted to check in with all of you to let you know that I'm still here!
    :0a32: there were more fish at the barge.

2. Drawout

Drawout Active Member

State:
    Paris.Texas
    Glad to see you posting again Debra maybe we will get some rain in texas someday lol.:big_smile:

3. Mr Mudcat

Mr Mudcat New Member

State:
    Texas
    Yeah I haven't been to Lewisville in quite sometime (there's just too much traffic out there on the water). I've noticed every lake I've been to this summer is extremely low. Most of my fishing holes are dried up or have just small pools of water left in 'em, what a bummer :sad2:

4. Finesse

Finesse New Member

State:
    Sacramento,Ca
    if there holding fish and there ponds now go fish:cool2: i have always had luck in that situation. that is unless the fish are dead and dying:sad2:

Sean

5. Catfishmomma

Catfishmomma New Member

State:
    Irving, Texas
    :big_smile:
    Ya'll won't believe this, but I got 7 yes 7 channel catfish last night at the fishing barge! They were pretty good size ones. Just got thru cleaning them this afternoon, had them on ice in the cooler. We are having fish tonight!!!!!
    :haha:

6. CIBE2001

CIBE2001 New Member

State:
    Texas
    Glad to see ya on again..I havent posted anything on here in a long long while..Ive had an awsome Year on the lake so far both boat and bank..in and near my spot. You know where it is lol....:crazy:

7. TXBlueHunter

TXBlueHunter New Member

State:
    Flower Mound, Texas
    Debra

Great job. Is there still water at the barge? I mainly fish Grapevine because it is free but the water is getting way past low.

Congrats on the catch.

8. Mr. Rooster

Mr. Rooster New Member

State:
    Hurst, Texas
    I have been catching quite a bit of cats lately at grapevine lake at the vineyards campground. They have a couple of docks that are great for catching shad. cast straight out towards Scott's landing...

Eric

9. Catfishmomma

Catfishmomma New Member

State:
    Irving, Texas
    Eric (Mr. Rooster),

Where abouts is Scott's Landing? Sure would like to know exactly where's it's at......could ya tell me?

10. Catfishmomma

Catfishmomma New Member

State:
    Irving, Texas
    Hey CIBE2001, Eric!!

How in the world have you been doing???? It's been awhile since our last conversation. Yes, I remember the "spot" and you know I should have been going to it, but with just one car still, it's get hard to get there during the day. That's why I fish at the barge.....as you know the lighting and I don't have to worry about the kids.

Good to hear from ya!!!!

11. Mr. Rooster

Mr. Rooster New Member

State:
    Hurst, Texas
    scott's landing is the marina by the dam. you can cast right out towards it if you are at the vinyards campgrounds. i usually go around four in the afternoon catch my shad with my castnet, and fish till around 2 in the morning. i catch lots of channels in the 3-5 pound range and caught a 10 pound blue a few weeks ago. if i am not fishing texoma, due to time constraints, i fish this spot at grapevine.

12. Catfishmomma

Catfishmomma New Member

State:
    Irving, Texas
    Eric,
    Could you tell me exactly how I could get there? It's been awhile since I've been to Lake Grapevine.. I would be coming from Irving. I sure would appreciate it.

Went to the Lewisville barge last Friday night, and caught four channels out there. Man, I need to stock my freezer again.

13. TXBlueHunter

TXBlueHunter New Member

State:
    Flower Mound, Texas
    Eric

Are you sure your not thinking of Silverlake Marina. Silverlake is the one right by the dam. Scott's landing is over by the Oak Grove park.

14. Mr. Rooster

Mr. Rooster New Member

State:
    Hurst, Texas
    The Vineyards used to be silverlake... The entire campground has been revamped, and renamed. I usually try to get site 55 or 56, right near the point. They have added 3 docks in addition to the one that was already there... Right now that original dock is closed due to low water levels and the steep decent to get out on it, however, I still get out on it from the side at the shore... The additional docks make it alot easier to catch shad, plus there are no rails on the new docks. The only drawback is that they want 27.00 dollars for an overnight stay, but being that the fishing is good off that point right now I still pony up... I always go in the middle of the week and the campground is virtually empty. One advantage to paying, is that less people are there... I always catch a few everytime I go, never been skunked yet, knock on wood...

Eric

15. TXBlueHunter

TXBlueHunter New Member

State:
    Flower Mound, Texas
    Eric

Thanks. I may have to look into it. I am not big on paying to to fish but may give it a try when we have a little extra $$$$

16. colten

colten Member

State:
    Texas
    I was out there about 2 weeks ago and caught a couple of little cats. Not much else.