Leupold scope mounts?

Discussion in 'Guns - Blackpowder' started by derbycitycatman, Sep 4, 2006.

1. derbycitycatman

derbycitycatman Well-Known Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Name:
    your first name
    Ive found some cheap at the local wally world so it may pay to check em out if your looking for some see-thru ringmounts. The ones that were on sale fit the Remington 700,78,721,722,725, Blackpowder ML and MLS, Legacy Howa M-1500, Weatherby Mark V, and Vanguard. They also had the see-thru scope mounts for the Ruger 10/22. Both were on clearance for $1.50 each, I cleaned em out.:big_smile:

2. cuttingout69

cuttingout69 New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    Red Field is all I use to use, now they don't make them any more so I had to try and find some Leupold. I will only use the steel base and rings. I did the same thing one year when walley world carried them, I caught them on clearance for about 5 bucks a set. I bought them out. They use to be 35 bucks a set when you could get them.

3. derbycitycatman

derbycitycatman Well-Known Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Name:
    your first name
    These are the aluminum so I hope they hold up. They should be fine for the 10/22 though. The rest are going in the next yard sale.

4. cuttingout69

cuttingout69 New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    the first set of mounts i ever put on a rifle were aluminum. The broke off after about 200 shots. I went to RedField mounts and have never had a problem since. I had them on a 270 though. The will work fine on a 22 i am sure.

5. Jesse168

Jesse168 Member

State:
    Memphis, Tennessee

Brian why don't you bring some of that stuff to the National Gathering Swap Meet? There will be a bunch of us looking for some good hunting equipment and gun parts.

Jesse